Price negotiation 2016 Land rover discovery sport

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by futureowner, Apr 29, 2016.

1. futureowner

futureowner New Member

Hey guys!

My mercedes cla250 got totaled today and I was looking for non-sedan cars and stumbled upon land rovers. I am looking at the 2016 Land Rover Discovery Sport @ a msrp roughly $50,000. While doing my research, 2017 versions are coming in August or so. How much do you guys think the dealership will budge off the msrp? $1000? 2000$? Will the discount be a lot? Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

Thanks.

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Depends on how many they have on the lot for sale and when the new ones arrive. I have seen discounts of almost $4,000 if you buy they day the new ones arrive. Or you could buy there loaners. couple thousand miles and big discounts.

3. futureowner

futureowner New Member

They have 25 discovery sport on the lot. Think they'll do $42000-45000?

4. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

If they have 25 on the lot when do the new ones arrive? Remember the markup on these is in service more than sales, like most new cars. So unless they have way too many and need to move them or the manufacture offers discounts the dealership will not lose money.

Personally I don't think I will ever buy another new car, Way too much value lost in the first 2 years. Let someone else spend that.