Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, its finally my turn.
Before purchasing the LR I did a lot of research and read about the minor nuisances and all other major problems, however I love the truck enough to see past all its minor defects.

I bought a '07 LR a few weeks ago and I love it. Right now I have 3 minor issues with the truck, the first one is the transmission hesitation described in the first page of this thread, the second issue is the rear passenger window, it doesn't work at all. And lastly, I've noticed a slight vibration on the car at around 50/55mph, it doesn't vibrate below or above that. Any suggestions????

I'll take the truck to the dealership next week and see what they have to say.

By the way the LR has 48k miles and its a '07, how do I know when the original warranty expires???

1) - Tranmission software should have been updated by now. Even with the new software I feel there is still some slight hesitation.

2) - Rear window I am unsure of I would guess a failed switch or motor but you never know.

3) - At that milage with a vibration around those speeds I would guess front bushings which I have gone through several times on mine with that exactl same vibration/speed.

Bushings are spendy I would recommend doing them all at once. Good Luck

khronus79

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. When I bought the car I also purchased the extended warranty, 7 years/100k miles. I'll take the car to the dealership next week and see what they have to say.

pt109

Reaction score
Bad PVC valve and oil gasket

09 LR3 with 40K miles. I had to have the PVC valve replaced (car was blowing a heavy smoke trail out the back that was literally 1/2 mile long). Two weeks later, starting dripping oil and have to have the o ring replaced between the oil filter housing and block. I hope that's it for a while.

pt109

Reaction score
09 LR3 with 40K miles. I had to have the PVC valve replaced (car was blowing a heavy smoke trail out the back that was literally 1/2 mile long). Two weeks later, starting dripping oil and have to have the o ring replaced between the oil filter housing and block. I hope that's it for a while.

Looks like the fix for the oil leak is not a simple one as oil is still dripping - here is a pic after sitting for approx. 40 hours. Going back to the dealer again.

Attachments

• LR3 oil leak 003.jpg
    LR3 oil leak 003.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 153

pt109

Reaction score
Turns out that concurrent with getting the original oil leak fixed, i was getting a service/oil change done too. They fixed the original leak with the porous o-ring, but did not tighten the oil filter completely and which caused the subsequent leak.

At least the dealer gave me a free oil change for all the hassle.

greg hovorka

Reaction score
gregh

I have a 05 LR3. Has anybody had problems with rear tailgate opening? I can hear the locking mechanism being triggered but when I push the latch button it does not open. Seems like there ought to be some way to open the back from inside in case of an emergency. Anybody had experience with this?

akalyn

Reaction score
Buy or not to buy?

Hello,
I am debating purchasing an 07 LR3 w/67,000 miles or an 06 w/43,000 miles. After reading this forum, I am a little nervous about the maintenance issues. Any advice would be helpful. I haven't found any other vehicle that I truly love in the price range like the LR3.
Thanks!
---Want to Rove in Richmond

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Akalyn, I would go with the 2007 as they did some revising with the common issues found in the 05-06 suspension faults. I believe they changed the air suspension with other parts to make it less vulnerable to issues. Also, the bluetooth is integrated with the phone system. I have an '05 and wish I had an 07+ for those reasons. I currently have around 85k miles. The only repair I have had to do in the past 7 months(since I bought it) was change the thermostat and replace the thermostat housing. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else will occur.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 (43K miles since purchased in April 09). Plan to keep it another 3 year. I initially had suspension issues in the New York winters until they replaced the front ride height sensors. It didnt mind the cold or the wet, but both at the same time would trip a suspension fault every-time. Since moving to VA, the rover has been much happier and I am certain that I got an extra year out of the battery too.

BTW - my bluetooth is integrated on my 06, but I think any year could have the non-integrated dealer installed version. Obviously the later models are more likely to come with from the factory.

akalyn

Reaction score
Thanks

Akalyn, I would go with the 2007 as they did some revising with the common issues found in the 05-06 suspension faults. I believe they changed the air suspension with other parts to make it less vulnerable to issues. Also, the bluetooth is integrated with the phone system. I have an '05 and wish I had an 07+ for those reasons. I currently have around 85k miles. The only repair I have had to do in the past 7 months(since I bought it) was change the thermostat and replace the thermostat housing. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing else will occur.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going with the 07. The BMW dealer is paying to have the Land Rover dealer check it out before I purchase. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA