Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GAP tool would be idea, isolating the issue. If you dont have one, pulling the right fuses be your first start but there's limit how far you can go with it...

Scorpion

Reaction score
Houm - thanks for the ideas on researching suspension faults here. My LR3 recently started showing the yellow suspension fault light sometimes (not always). I’ll post an update once I have a better idea of what’s going on.

From what I understand, there are a few components to check for the suspension faults.
1. compressor
2. ride height sensors, one at each wheel
3. EAS valves, two of them, one at front and rear
4. EAS shocks themselves, one at each wheel of course.
5. General British quirkyness.

Did I miss something?

Any of those could be leaking or failing.
You should invest in a good code reader, there are a few available. It will tell you which is at fault.

I use the iLand, here's the review.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a third valve block, near the compressor, as well. Usually if a ride height sensor is at fault, there could be a cross-articulation fault and that results in a red icon. An amber one could be anything from a bad brake switch to a compressor failing...really have to know the other symptoms.

Regardless, step 1 is getting a good diagnostic tool.

SoCal66

Reaction score
I bought the iLAND diagnostic tool. There are a bunch of codes (!). The codes in the ride level control module are c1a74, c1a05, c112f, c1130. They are all classified as “intermittent” and it makes sense because the orange/yellow light in the instrument panel comes on sporadically but always goes away after I shut the LR3 off and restart later when I’m leaving work. I’m thinking I need to replace the rear left height sensor, clear codes and then go from there. Appreciate any insight!

C13636D6-249C-4CB2-ADC2-FB6D089E35FF.jpeg

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a time as to when to stop investing in repairs for my 2006 Lr3 Hse. I have 295,000 miles (Purchased it used w/ 14,000) and it still fires up when called to do so. I love the vehicle! I currently have a suspension fault and need to replace front suspension airbag and currently, there is an engine fault. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's entirely up to you. As you replace parts you're, in a sense, rebuilding the vehicle. It does that there's a knock-on effect - replace one thing and something else goes. It boils down to your budget and patience, in my opinion. At some point you'll feel that you're not getting return on your investment. I'm at 127k miles and just had to dump $2300 into my 2008 for a thermostat housing and gasket, transmission ****** (ha!), another leak, oil change, diff fluid change, and brake fluid flush. I don't have the space or time to do the work myself so....
I hate car payments but you have to do a calculation about how much the difference of a car payment versus car repair costs are and that will give you a straight across cost comparison.

Reaction score
Sounds like you are confirming my thoughts, although one additional thought is I have a 16-year-old and believing that this is a continued good investment for him to cut his teeth on.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it would be a good vehicle for the kid in terms of SAFETY but not maintenance. Also, I think you need to at least make it to 300,000 Miles, and take a picture and post it here!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi