Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverdawg said:
Intersting tidbit re:fuel tank recall. I had my fuel tank replaced at the 15,000 service due to the recall. I had been experiencing the acceleration sputters (from a stop) i.e pressing the accelerator with nothing happening as well as the 'check engine light' being on. Once the fuel tank had been replaced the symptoms went away.....but only for about 2000 miles. Well, they're definitely back. Brought it in to the dealer here in Washington (with a long list of other problems). Told that this was a known problem and that it was related to the fuel injectors and that it was a supplier issue (seen on other makes/models as well). LRNA has recommended that the techs flush the injectors on the affected vehicles. Still in the shop as of today...

So...do you get free injector flushes for life? Seems like they ought to go for a more permanent fix, like new injectors. Man, I have to stop reading these posts. I'm just waiting for the ball to drop on my so far perfect vehicle! (except for the tires)

L

LR3_WA

Tomasz said:
Which dealer to you go to, and what has been your experience? (I assume WA means - Washington)

Yes, WA is for Washington state. I use the dealer in Bellevue which is the same one I purchased my 2005 LR3.

Only complaint so far was a 6hr oil change.

I'll see how this round goes with the bulbs, leak, aux, fuel tank, & oil change !?!

The leak is a real ****** now coming thru the sun visor hole (passenger side), windshield (passenger side), and now the dome light (center).

T

Tomasz

Please do let us know. Same dealer for us. Picked the car up just days ago.

S

shod

05 v8 picked up thrusday 12/31 now 1/2 with 280 miles check engine light came on... drives fine, feel no change. will wait a few days for it to go away instead of shleping to the dealer...

S

shod

i did this morning. made sure it clicked. will give it a few days more... thanks

R

roverdawg

Tomasz said:
Please do let us know. Same dealer for us. Picked the car up just days ago.

Same dealer for me as well (picked car up in February)! They've been great so far, it's my particular car that may be vexing them. My 2005 HSE is actually back in there now (since last Wednesday) for the usual: sluggishness, zero acceleration (say it's a known problem with the injectors and they'll flush the injectors as my gas tank has already been replaced), suspension faults (2nd compressor), etc, etc. Getting really frustrated and the car is almost eligible to be declared a lemon. This time around their computers tagged my car as needing a Sr. master tech or something similar to oversee the repairs. I wonder if that's automatic when they get a car being brought in a third time to repair the same problem (one of the triggers for having a car declared a lemon)??

T

Tomasz

roverdawg said:
Same dealer for me as well (picked car up in February)! They've been great so far, it's my particular car that may be vexing them. My 2005 HSE is actually back in there now (since last Wednesday) for the usual: sluggishness, zero acceleration (say it's a known problem with the injectors and they'll flush the injectors as my gas tank has already been replaced), suspension faults (2nd compressor), etc, etc. Getting really frustrated and the car is almost eligible to be declared a lemon. This time around their computers tagged my car as needing a Sr. master tech or something similar to oversee the repairs. I wonder if that's automatic when they get a car being brought in a third time to repair the same problem (one of the triggers for having a car declared a lemon)??
For your sake I do hope you get it lemoned, getting a new car must be good. How do you measure "sluggishness"? I am used fast cars, so the LR3 has always been slooow in my mind. What loaner did you get? Another LR3?

S

shod

285 miles on my car now. its raining outside and... inside. Water dripping from the front dome light... wish me luck

R

roverdawg

Tomasz said:
For your sake I do hope you get it lemoned, getting a new car must be good. How do you measure "sluggishness"? I am used fast cars, so the LR3 has always been slooow in my mind. What loaner did you get? Another LR3?

The 'sluggishness', that I experienced occured often. Basically, when I pressed down on the accelerator, nothing happened. The engine would roar but the car wouldn't move (from a stop). After a couple of seconds the power would gradually come back, often with some little lurches. Diagnosed as being related to the fuel tank, which was replaced thru the recall. After about 2000 miles on the new tank, the acceleration problems returned. Told it's a fuel injector problem that's been documented in many makes of cars (supplier problem). Current solution is to flush the injectors. Haven't seen a tech bulletin on it, however. When the acceleration IS working, it's been FAST off the line, as I like to dust other cars and suvs who see this big old, lumbering Land Rover and try to go around me at a stoplight (safely, of course). So, due to get the Lr3 back today. Also supposed to fix the suspension faults, inoperable hood release, rattling speaker, low coolant sensor, etc.

As for loaner, they stuck me in a Nissan Sentra this time. NOT pleased with that. They once put me in a Mercedes coupe but apparently that's a rarity. Bellevue doesn't have their own loaners, they instead use Enterprise Car Rentals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA