Prospective N00B .....*hangs head in shame*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qadhafi

Reaction score
I just got back and here is the skinny.

Items that I found out about:

The windshield definately needs replaces (non-heated version)
The rear bumper is secured with some zip ties (He said that the bumpers can get knocked off quite easily, so he removes it before he goes wheeling)
There are a couple of nicks in the upholstery
No dual moonroofs
No CD changer
Heated seat elements are there, but no switches)
A few more dents and dings on the hood and on the rear end.

The doorhandle is indeed busted. He claims to have a new one that will come with it. Has anyone replaced one of these and is it very hard? I've heard of people messing up the panel before and it can affect the locking mechanism.

Oh yeah, the rear door seemed like it was hard to open/shut. Is this normal? I wasn't expecting it to fly open, but I wasn't expecting it to be that hard either.

His final price was $13250 which he called me with about 2 hours AFTER he shot me down on the $13000 that I offered, thus ensuring that the bank won't be reachable until next week.

All in all as long as the handle isn't going to be a major thing I'm thinking about going forward with it.

I hope that I am almost there.

C

Cozmo

The rear bumper does come off rather easily. I've lost mine a few times, yes its now being held on with zip ties. The rear door could be hard to open because of the oversized spare mounted on it, if the carrier wasn't inverted and its rubbing on the rear bumper. Its a cool looking Disco but if I were you I would pass on, looks like its had a hard life, heads replaced, radiator replaced, body damage, windsheild cracked, not to mention the added wear on the drivetrain as a result of the lift and larger tires. You might consider getting a mall crawler Disco that hasn't been abused and modding it yourself. just my opinion.

qadhafi

Reaction score
Cozmo said:
Living in GA you might want to check out http://www.solaros.com/ to find out more about Rovers and wheeling in your area.

The guy I was trying to buy the rover from said that he was the president of SOLAROS. I thought that was pretty cool. :smile:

D

discomike

Derek,
I have tried to e-mail you some pictures after talking yesterday and all 3 attempts were returned???
Mike J.

qadhafi

Reaction score
Disco Mike said:
Derek,
I have tried to e-mail you some pictures after talking yesterday and all 3 attempts were returned???
Mike J.

Prolly the POS mail server here at the office. I PM'd you my home email addy.

Has anyone ever replaced the door handle on a 99(ish) Disco II? I'm supposed to get a new door handle to replace the cracked one and I was curious as to if I could do it myself or if I'm going to need a trained monkey to help me out. :rolleyes:

D

discomike

Derek,
That e-mail didn't work either, I even tried to send you a one liner???
Mike J.

qadhafi

Reaction score
Disco Mike said:
Derek,
That e-mail didn't work either, I even tried to send you a one liner???
Mike J.

Wierd. try the same name @fm2cd.com . I just sent a test email from my work accoutn to my home account and it went through in under 30 seconds.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA