Prospeed Rack

Discussion in 'LR4' started by iSurfvilano, Dec 29, 2017.

1. iSurfvilano

iSurfvilano Full Access Member

Yes, it does limit the view, but not by much, maybe a third. I can post a pic later if you want.

about 1.5 inches.

2. nymoto

nymoto Well-Known Member

The Prospeed looks awesome! nicely done.

I went for the frontrunner and have been happy except for the wind noise - but honestly I drive to fast anyways and there is gonna be noise with anything at 85mph++ so....

@AdventureTim - share what you fabricate for a new wind deflector / shield and if it works are you willing to make another!!??

3. wayne

wayne Member

I also have the Prospeed rack along with the Prospeed ladder, rock sliders and undercarriage protection. All is pretty good quality for the money. To complete, I have a Warn 9500 factory kit winch up front. I had Duratrak 19", but finally went with BFG all terrain KO2 mounted on 18" Compomotive wheels, mainly about concerns related to weak side walls on the Duratrak and I often end up fighting tire-eating rocks in the California desert.

4. sonicpix

sonicpix Member

Ive been looking at racks for two years. This one I've never seen, but judging from the photos it looks like something I'd want. Thanks!

5. sonicpix

sonicpix Member

just went to their website and shipping to Canada is 350pds which is just under $600 CDN. ouch

6. SteveLK8Parts

SteveLK8Parts Member

Pictures look great thanks for sharing... Yes we have had experience with most racks between our trucks and the shop work we have done, And these are definitely the quietest we have seen... Also the low profile gives a unique sleek look... We actually just finalized a container and are getting more in and it looks like we have a couple that are unsold at the moment if anyone is interested... $1288 plus freight shipping to the lower 48... Also we can bring in any of their accessories in through one of our weekly shipments now instead of waiting a couple months for a container, As long as they have them in stock we can get the accessories within 2-3 weeks.

https://www.lucky8llc.com/search?q=prospeed

sewhelan9 likes this.
  7. iSurfvilano

Lucky8llc?

8. iSurfvilano

call the boys at lucky8 ....thier number is on their website and they ship from NY
    lucky8llc.com

9. backcountryLR4

backcountryLR4 Full Access Member

Welp, hearing that lucky8 has a couple in stock, I may finally have to pull the trigger(on the rack, ladder and some accessories)...

Couple of questions @iSurfvilano if you don't mind:

Does the box the rack comes in actually fit inside the truck? (I travel too much and get everything shipped to my office since I am rarely home...)

And if you have any pics head on at eye level that would be amazing. So hard to find those online, especially with the white.

Also, you mentioned possibly having a shot from inside to show the view through the sunroof...

Rig is looking fantastic btw.

10. sonicpix

sonicpix Member

Thanks for the lead but I'm in Canada. Only about 90 from Buffalo. Does this company have physical locations? It sounds like they do.