Radio Problems

Discussion in 'Range Rover' started by Island Boy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

2006 Range Rover HSE , Hi I'm having a problem with my radio system ,were as I,m unable to get any sound from my speakers. From the surface all appears to be in order(Cd is playing but no sound ). Former owner does have a clue as to what the problem is,Lol. Any feedback provided is appreaciated.

Thanks in advance Mr. Miller

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Welcome to the forum... have you checked the fuses?

3. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

Thanks for the quick response . I'm in the process of checking them now.

My fuse manual does not corrispond with actual fuse placement in the vehicle . Which one to follow?

Thanks Again
    Mr. Miller

4. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

I checked all of the fuses ,appear to be in good(non blown).Would take it to dealer but live in The Bahamas. Lol Thanks any assistance will be appreaciated

5. joey

Works but no sound...

Start buy downloading the repair manual and see if this helps... I don't worry about the radio in mine.. can't hear it over the exhaust.

http://www.landroverresource.com/

6. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

thanks alot the manual appears to be for a discovery ,i have a 2006 Range Rover will it work ?

Thanks

7. joey

Same manual for the Disco's, RR, Freelanders, and such... the first download on the list.

8. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

Thank you for your assistance thus far. I presently live in the Bahamas and took the vehicle to one of our local technichians to check the amp and system. He indicated the system appears to be in order and the amp is getting warm. He advised that it maybe a factory lockout or the mute button was pressed. Any feedback

Also quick question when you adjust the volume on the system is the information veiwable or any indication that same is being adjusted i.e up/down as I am getting no indication, and no sound.

Any help will be appreciated.

9. joey

One other thing, if factory radio, try turning the volume up on the radio, and on the steering wheel... both do separate functions.

10. Island Boy

Island Boy Active Member

He advised that it maybe a factory lockout or the mute button was pressed. Any feedback

Also quick question when you adjust the volume on the system is the information veiwable or any indication that same is being adjusted i.e up/down as I am getting no indication, and no sound.

Any help will be appreciated.