Range Rover Hse help for Fault codes P0135 - P2A03 - P2A00 - P0443 - P0463

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gillani

Reaction score
Hello dears,
I've been having problems with my range rover HSE 2003 Year and i would like to get some help to have this solved.
The car seems to be warm when I run long distances and it gets to a point that it reduces the gear to the first and second gear speed I'm forced to stop turning off the car for a few minutes then turning it back on and running normally again.
I made a diagnosis and the 5 errors that give me are the following:

P0135 - Heater circuit O2 (Bench 1 sensor 1)
P2A03 - Lambda Probe Circuit / Performance Range (Bench 2 Sensor 1)
P2A00 - Lambda Probe circuit / performance range (bench 1 sensor 1)
P0443 - Evaporative Emission Control System Bleed Control Valve.
P0463 - Fuel level sensor circuit

i would like to get some help for i understand how i need to proceed if necessary change the sensor how i can do that were i can find them because i leave in Angola and the mechanics here are very expenssive and some times they dont know what is the correct thing to do to solve well the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure of the type or quality of the fuel you use in Angola, but the first 3 you list would be for the O2 sensors (in the exhaust, fairly easy to change if they are the issue). If fuel isn't the best or you have high mileage the O2 sensors could be going bad which will cause issues. The same codes could be for a dirty air filter, dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor, or the air filter lid not on properly.

The last 2 codes could either be the gas cap is not tight enough or maybe bad and leaking air, or if you fuel gauge is not working correctly you may have build up in the gas tank due to bad gas causing all issues listed.

Gillani

Reaction score
Hi Joey
Im so Glad to receive your replay thanks a lot.
Actually the fuel here is very bad i change the air filter two months ago also the fuel filter so i thing the problem is not the air filter maybe i need to change the sensor the car has high mileage, as i explain on my post before when the car is cold run well but after i run some miles he starts to warm up and it does not develop well after it reduces the gears and only goes with the first and second gear to force me to not accelerate more and stop the car, I have to stop and wait a few minutes to continue may jounery until the same thing happens again, when I make the diagnosis the only Error faults that the computer give me are only these I do not know if there is anything related to what is happening.
If i have to change the sensors that are damaged, you can explain to me where I can buy them and how to make the exchange so that I can explain to my mechanic to make sure he does the right thing

Once agian thank you so much for your help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is bad O2 sensors you can change them yourself with little effort. Do you have Catalytic converters installed in your country? If so they may be part of the issue, if not then I would say O2 sensors.

Gillani

Reaction score
Ok.
I would like to change the sensors and see what happen could you please help me to know the correct O2 sensors for my car and how i replace them?

Gillani

Reaction score
Dear Joe,

sorry to disturb you again, just for i undertand well to solve the problem of the first 3 error fault i just need to buy 3 sensor on this link http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/MHK000210 and change them?

P0135 - Heater circuit O2 (Bench 1 sensor 1)
P2A03 - Lambda Probe Circuit / Performance Range (Bench 2 Sensor 1)
P2A00 - Lambda Probe circuit / performance range (bench 1 sensor 1)

Find bellow some more iformation of my car to get your help to get the correct parts

VIN number: SALMB11443A105005
Make: Range Rover
Model: HSE
Variant: MK III - 2002-2012)
Year of manufacture : 2002
Automatic transmission
Fuel Type : Petrol

Thanks again

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do not have Catalytic Converters, you just need 2 of the sensors and the tool to change them.

If you do have Catalytic converters then you need 2 rear sensors as well.

I am saying this should fix it. Please keep in mind I am offering advice and not there to see the vehicle or plug it into the Land Rover Computer to see if anything else could be the issue.

LawJ

Reaction score
2012 Range Rover HSR 66,000
A few hours after fill up, my Engine light came on... it's been on 4 days. I've purchased a new gas cap and it's still on. This morning the fuel cap loose light came on and I know it wasn't loose... any help?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the vent line going to the gas cap, it might be clogged. What codes are for the check engine light? You need to have them read before you can assume the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA