Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Cozmo

After fighting off the temptation to jack the front bumper thread, I was wondering what y'alls experience has been with rear bumpers? I've torn the rear cover off three times now and its getting harder to put back on each time. There seems to be a lack of aftermarket rear bumpers for the DII. Any home grown bumper ideas would be great as well as any aftermarket advice would be great

Thanks
Tom

D

discomike

Hey Tom,
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the pictures of the rear bumper I made for my 99 D2. Great protection, really strong and much better rear departure angle.
Mike

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all want to see. Post them here...

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That reminds me...I was going to post up some of the pics Disco Mike sent me of his front bumper...I'll try to do it from work tomorrow.

Andy

C

Cozmo

Hey Mike got the pics. Looks good, would like to see more of the rear bumper though. Do you have any plans for it.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front bumper guard will get here this week...bought it from Mike Mc Collom, I'm going to try to fit up a winch bracket, that mounts with the guard bracket, and will hopefully sit low enough for clearance..If this works, I will have the front end I wanted...L.R. Chattanooga thinks I will need a front-end susp. mod...any ideas?

C

Cozmo

Sounds like you're going to be adding a bit of weight to the front end. Upgrading the suspension could be worth while. You could just wait and see. If you start to sag then upgrade. Old man emu shocks and spring are great! I'm running them on mine and don't have any complaints.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CoolCozmo....If this old man's front end is sagging, I'll be ready for it...I just hope it works...thanks for the "Jacking advise" I couldn't resist that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72