Rear Entertainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthewwrn

Reaction score
I just swapped out my first baby, a 2006 LR3 SE for a 2015 LR4 HSE. The new vehicle came with rear headrest monitors, which is great for the kids. However, I do not want to listen to their DVD playing through the speakers. Is there any way for the driver to listen to the radio, while they watch a movie using their headphones?

Thanks!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you turn on the movie, just switch the audio back to radio, the movie keeps going and the kids still get the audio via the headphones. The audio select doesn't change for the headphones.

Took us like a year of ownership to realize thats how it worked. (2013 system for reference, i think they changed RSE a bit in later years, but I bet it is the same)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM system is great for DVD playback, and works as mbw explained so that you could listen to a source over the car speakers while your children watch a movie on the headrest monitors (or whatever other A/V source is connected to the aux ports back there, once they figure out how to select another source with the remote controller) through the supplied headphones. Besides the remote, you did receive two wireless headphones along with the car, yes? Replacement, compatible Whitefire headphones are quite expensive, and unfortunately there is no 3.5 mm receptacle to plug in traditional headphones anymore - unless they changed that on 2014+ (mine is a 2013 as well.)

Last edited:

Matthewwrn

Reaction score
Yes I do have the wireless headphones. I will give your instructions a go. Thanks for the information!

AvantMore

Reaction score
If your kids are older than about 5 years, give them the remote and they'll figure it out in no time at all...! My kids love the RSE, but it's a battle to get them to wear headphones so we can listen to the radio (but a battle I can win).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV