Rear Passenger Door Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaisyChainsaw

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE. I am having an issue with the rear passenger door. Here are the specifics....

- The door won't lock - if all of the doors are locked using the remote, anyone can open the rear passenger door. This makes the alarm go off.

- When you click the remote the lock/unlock lever doesn't move at all.

- Initially, the back seat passenger was unable to open the door from the inside. I have since discover that if you pull the handle and the lock at the same time, the passenger can open the door.

- When I took the door panel off and tested opening the door from the inside I was able to do it by pulling the door cable.

I can't figure out if it is the door cable, the door actuator or the door handle.

Can anyone help this little lady out?:hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... more than likely the door lock actuator is probably at fault... time to replace it.

DaisyChainsaw

Reaction score
Ok - I just replaced the actuator in the door and here is where I stand:

I can now get the door to lock and unlock from the outside, but the door still will not open from the inside unless I pull the handle and the lock button at the same time. When I hit the lock and unlock button the lock flapper on the bad door barely moves. While I am thrilled I can at least get the door to lock, I cannot understand why I can't get the door to open from the inside. Thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Daisy Chainsaw

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely something is missing on not installed correctly, when you pull the handle it should unlock the door at the same time. If I recall Correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack