Recommended aftermarket brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05LR3

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a quality aftermarket brake pad? No or low dust, no squealing.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting on Hawk LTS pads with EBC rotors Thursday. From what I read from other owners Hawk pads are great.

AJMac

Reaction score
Here's another choice Porterfield R4-S. I have them on all 4 corners on the RRS with stock rotors. Very little dust, and I mean very little. Phenomanal stopping power with minimal pedal pressure. Have a slight tendency to squeak at crawling speeds, but the no dust trade off is worth it.

rtlennon

Reaction score
I had Akebono performance ceramic pads on my LR3 paired with EBC drilled and slotted rotors and they were fantastic. The model #s i used for the LR3 doesn't fit the LR4, i assume they have a version that fits the 4. Haven't replace brakes on my 4 just yet, but will soon, wondering if anyone has had luck with these on a 4.

rtlennon

Reaction score
Following up, looks like Akebono doesn't offer pads for the LR4 '10-'13, and only the rear for '14+. oh well!

Regardless, had a great experience with the EBC performance rotors. I drive like I still have my 911 turbo, so they were well appreciated upgrade...

05LR3

Reaction score
Here's another choice Porterfield R4-S. I have them on all 4 corners on the RRS with stock rotors. Very little dust, and I mean very little. Phenomanal stopping power with minimal pedal pressure. Have a slight tendency to squeak at crawling speeds, but the no dust trade off is worth it.
Where do you buy these?

anglotron

Reaction score
I have Akebono pads on my LR3 with OEM Brembo rotors. While the pads are very low dust, I don't feel they have very much bite and so wouldn't recommend them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72