Reliablility Questions from a noob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4L4N

I'm new to Land Rovers, but certainly not new to cars. Well I recently sold my car and I found a good deal through a family member on a 95 Discovery with only 78k on it for 3800. Now I have only seen the car on pics and am going to see it next week but I want to hear from you guys. Are Land Rovers tempermental or dont last? or are they relatively maintenence free and last far past the 100,000 mile mark? Now I wont be doing much off roading at all, mostly daily driving with it.

Any information is definetly appreciated
~4L4N

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
4l4n, welcome to the board. Reliability can be a interesting question when talking LR's. Basically you have two sides of this fence, those who have had almost no issues in 300,000 + miles, and those that can get past the dealers driveway.

I think a lot has to do with two things what day was your disco built, and how well has it been taken care of. If built the day after an all night soccer bash because Manchester United won a big game you may have issues. If you Disco has sat around and not been taken good care of (i.e. oil changes every 5 to 6 thousand miles vise every 3) how often has the plugs been changed, oil, air filter, wires, for a 95, was the Distributor cap and rotor button changed regularly and with LR parts or cheap after market.

Lots of questions to determine how it may run. Also how has it ran so far? Any major or minor issues?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi