Replacement rear view mirror for D1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Screehopper

The auto-dimming rear view mirror on my D1 is broken. Now I see a horizonal wave through the center; top being mirror, bottom being a greyish liquid over the mirror. Fortunately the black liquid did not spill out.

Is there an aftermarket replacement that will fit cleanly? Just a plain old mirror. I don't need the auto-dimming feature.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just about any aftermarket stick on Mirror should be able to be used.

That is if you don't like the FREE replacement that the mirror manufacture offers.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
lol joey :biggrin: . (I have to enter in at least 10 characters)

Last edited:
S

Screehopper

I'd like to give a big cheer to the Magna Donnelly company. They're sending me a replacement mirror.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
It has taken Magna D well over 6 weeks to get me a new mirror.
""Dear Ms. Nance:

I was forwarded your letter regarding the issue with your 1998 Land Rover
mirror assembly. I am investigating the exact type of mirror that is on
your vehicle in order to provide you a replacement mirror. As soon as I
have more information I will again contact you with more details.

Best regards,

Cheryl
Program Manager, Interior Mirrors""
Should it really take this long? I had to send 2 letters to the corporate office to get this issue resolved...Sometimes I wish I were a man. I think I might change my name to 'Mel' This sounds like Serg and the Mean Green Idiot Team

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course being me, and not having autodimming things on me old '94 i just went to wally world and bough snap-on widest mirror. Improved view angle drastically and cost like 10$.

Melissa - yeah, that sounds about right :) At least you havent had "oh yeah we will call you with status in 30 minutes" for 2 weeks.. :) But then consider it as training in your future profession. I mean you should be able to put some serious threating notes on their doors, knowing all the legal slang.

S

Screehopper

I got my replacement mirror from them in less than 2 weeks. And this was a month ago.

M

montanablur

RC-
I'm suprised at the amount of time it is taking them... They sent mine out within a week and even upgraded it to a D2 mirror with map lights... Plugs in just like the old one....

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Dunno guys. Three emails, 2 phone calls, and finally I sent a certified letter to the CEO. That is what got the action started ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV