Replacement rear view mirror for D1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That exact thing happened to my mirror! I was patient and found one on ebay for $70 or something. I did not know the part number. However, I did find out that all D1 mirrors are the same. One with map lights will not work, so it looks like you just need one with auto dimming. Installation was easy. First find a mirror, and then let me know and I can give you step by step.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
WOW !! Ok thanks Sam. That would be really helpful. As I was not sure how I planned to install the rear view mirror after I received it. Mine has maps light though..Hmm. Thank you!!!! Mel

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
WOW !! Ok thanks Sam. That would be really helpful. As I was not sure how I planned to install the rear view mirror after I received it. Mine has maps light though..Hmm. Thank you!!!! Mel
No problem. Just get one with map lights! Make sure it is a D1 with lights and autodimming. If it does not have map lights, it will not work.

My wife and I were visiting Omaha last Thursday! Cool place, but the good weather is not supposed to last.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Making Progress I think??

I apologize for the delay in responding to your letter as I have just been made aware of it yesterday. I am working on getting a replacement mirror for you. I believe the mirror in your vehicle was produced in our Ireland facility and I am contacting someone there to assist me in getting you a replacement. In the meantime could you please provide me with your ship to address as we will be using FedEx as our carrier and they will not deliver to a PO box. Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Dani VanDine
616-786-5115

Slow but sure..I hope. Melissa

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I give up!!!!

I give up .. I have lost my patience. After waiting well over two months for a mirror, I have decided that I will just shell out the 300.00 plus for a new one from https://www.roverparts.com/
:hmpf: :hmpf: :mad:

I apologize for any repetitiveness you may be experiencing. We are a very
large organization that supplies many different types of mirrors to many
vehicle platforms. In order for us to determine which mirror you have on
your vehicle without actually having the said mirror in hand, we need the
information that Jean Glover is asking for. Unfortunately, the photos are
only helping determine the mirror shape and style.

Jean, from my understanding this would be a lighted EC with no other added
features that would fit a 1998 Land Rover Discovery. Do you still need the
wire and plug information? Ms. Nance's shipping address is:

Dani VanDine
Intellectual Property
Office of Technology
616-786-5115 (direct dial)
616-786-5185 (fax)

M

montanablur

Call The Lady Up And Tell Her You Have Three Prong With A Spring Clamp... The One They Sold To Land Rover... That Is Just Ridiculous!

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for my mirror as well. I'm just thankful that they say they will replace it at all. I don't mind waiting, and who uses their mirrors in LA anyway? Hah!

Heem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm also in touch with Jean Glover, who sent me an email (which unfortunatley I can't find!) to the likes of "We are very busy now, I'll get to your mirror when I get to it" - I replied and let her know that I understand, but would ask for this to be expedited as much as possible due to the safety issue the triple image creates. Let's see what happens!

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Heem: This was my response to Dani and Jean and Cheryl. They wanted me to take the mirror off the car and then drive around without one? That is illegal in most states..Its like driving with head phones on (listening to music).
Hello Dani. I appreciate the response. However this is becoming ever so monotonous. I actually even wrote to the CEO of the company about 2 weeks ago (on September 17, 2004) reassured me that this would be handled within a week. It obviously has not been. I am sending a part number that I obtained from another rover owner who had the same problem with his mirror. As I am sure you can understand and furthermore appreciate that I can not drive around without the mirror on the vehicle. That is against state law in Oklahoma. And should I get pulled over by a police officer, I could be fined up to 500.00. My mirror has map lights. Here is the part number that I have produced. Item: CTB100130G Discovery I MIRROR - INTERIOR - AUTO DIM - 1998
Thank you again. Melissa
I have mailed 10 pictures, copies of my Title, POI, and the VIN# ..with the plugs, the colors of the plugs, the wires, ect ect

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. It surely beats my lovely saga with Mean Green. Altough i started to talk about legal actions at some point, where you guys havent done that yet. Guess I am more crank y :)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi