Researching 14-16 LR4’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The _Just

Reaction score
From what I've seen, Entertainment package is virtually the same on paper with slightly different components. Rear LCDs with wireless headphones, remote (slight design change) upgraded sound system (over base) with a sub in the boot

I hope there is a multi disk changer in the 14+ because there isn't one in the '13. One disk out, one disk in...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The _Just

Reaction score
I like a DVD after a tough day of hiking while relaxing in the LR4 master suite. having a changer means more than 1 movie without having to wake up the little doggie or crack the seal on the duvet [emoji12][emoji23]

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it I would go with the 14+. Mileage will be better and while most people hate the dial gear selector I found it to make the center console feel more open and less fussy. The V6SC doesn't sound as awesome as the V8 but is equally as quick for a nearly 3ton vehicle that isn't really quick no matter what. Only thing I didn't like about the dial was if the sun hits it directly it is blinding!

Les_Paul

Reaction score
Again thanks for the quick replies.

I still see the appeal of a multidisc changer in an automobile. The few CD’s that I still have are currently in the changer in the FFRR. Sometimes it’s just easier to go through that interface instead of plugging in the phone to listen to the same songs.

In our ‘12 RR, we can talk on the phone via Bluetooth but not stream songs. Listening to music requires the phone to be connected via the USB cable in the center console. I remember when we were looking at LR4’s at the time that some were the same way, while others could stream music over Bluetooth as well. Is that a feature that was added in 14?

The entertainment system isn’t on my must-have list at the moment. The Lux package has upgraded the sound system enough for my liking, and I would probably use an iPad in the backseat over the rear TV’s 9/10 times. If we find a vehicle we like that has it I won’t complain though.

Thanks for the feedback @epiclr4 I was wondering how the 7.7 0-60 compared to the 5.0 V8 for daily driving. The Mrs. prefers the look of the grills on the 14+ but also loves the 13’s.

@The_Just since your initial post I have been paying great attention to the differing packages and definitely want the HD package if we go with a 14+. That off road capability is one of the biggest appeals of owning these vehicles as we already use the RR in any inclement weather here in TX or FL.

BTW, I’m seeing about a $8k difference between 2013 and 2014+ models with the same features and similar miles. Is that standard in different regions as well? ~$30-32k for 2013 Lux < 65k miles, ~$40k 2014+ Lux < 60k miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 LR4's have Bluetooth audio. I'm astonished if your RR doesn't have it.

It's a little clunky to get to in the menu, but just make sure you really don't have it.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing $6-8k difference between years if the mileage falls accordingly.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 and up streams via BT - if you plug into the USB inside the armrest it'll disable BT audio streaming on your device. :) ie: don't do that

The _Just

Reaction score
Not sure about other years, but '13 does stream audio via bluetooth. There is also the console usb option.

I'm the opposite on the '13 5.0 V8. I'm hoping to keep it a long time and really like the maturity and serviceability. Torque is great with no lag. Any exterior styling points can be upgraded.

Keep in mind, unless ur real lucky, HD trucks will carry a premium price. Similar spec '13 LR4s I've seen have been closer to $40 in my area. Only a couple HDs / yr tho...

After 6 months looking and 2 failed deals, I snagged a HD LUX from a dealer in NY and had it shipped cross country.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 and up streams via BT - if you plug into the USB inside the armrest it'll disable BT audio streaming on your device. :) ie: don't do that

Better double check that. I had a 2011 and had no BT audio streaming. That was introduced in MY12 I believe. I have it in my MY13.

BT telephone worked well on the 2011, however. Just not audio streaming from a phone via BT.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut