Resetting Brake Pad Light?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRB

Reaction score
How can I reset light without going to the dealer.?
Can I unplug battery for a period of time? What else can reset after I do This??
Can autozone or someone like that have the tool to do so???
Any one know the answer to this???

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the sensors when you did the pads? The sensors are a "wearable" component and only cost about $15 or so. It's been a while now so my memory fades, but I don't recall doing anything to clear the light, but I replaced the sensors at the same time the pads (and rotors on occasion) where replaced.

LRB

Reaction score
Thanks guys I am gonna replace the sensors....I never would have thought that light would remind me every minute, what the heck!

corbro

Reaction score
I replaced brake sensors and light is still on. What to do?

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hey just had this issue I bought the vehicle frm a private seller (LR3 2005) and the brake light was on he had jus replaced the pads but told me I had to go get the light reset which I thought was odd well I went to the dealership and was told I had to have the sensors replaced when ur pads wear down those sensors tell u wen to get new ones I.e wen the info center says check brake pads...well once that happens the sensors are useless u must replace them landrover here charged me $125 per sensor and of course I had two rear ones out so it cost me $250 to replace and it removes the brake light on ur dash and info center...sucks but that's what I had to do not sure if there is any other way

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow... you do realize that the sensors cost around $15 each and are easily installable yourself? You literally pull the tip out of the brake caliper (sits in a gap on the top of the pads that accessible through the opening in the caliper) and follow the cable till you see the disconnect (front one is a little hidden in wheel liner). If you did this and the light is still on, then you should check brake fluid levels and make sure the line is properly bled. If that looks good, check the fuses in the glove box (look at manual for fuse map).

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hahaha that sucks but I am a **** when it comes to cars I don't even kno how to change oil and I hav gone to the dealership for all repairs it looks good at resale and I kno the job is done right I def do not trust myself lol...but thanks for the lesson and the heads up!

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it has "two rear ones. . ." There is one for the front and one for the rear.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Yea like I said before I hav no clue about cars I jus go with wat the dealership says Mayb it was the front and back I'm not sure all I kno is they had to b replaced so the light would go off and the info center would stop tellin me to check brake pads

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut