Returning to the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my 2005 LR3 in 2012. Bought an Infiniti G37x. Later traded that for a 2008 Suburban in 2013. Selling that this week. Missing my LR3 so much I decided to look for a low mileage used model. Finally came upon a 2006 SE V8 with only 33k miles. Ironically same color combo as my last one with Buckingham Blue/Alpaca Beige. It does NOT have the HD package, but that's something I'm willing to live without. If I decide to purchase it I will be flying one-way out of Memphis Int. to Seattle to pick it up. Plan on road tripping back through Washington, Montana, Colorado, etc(stopping in Telluride for some trailing.) The dealership is asking $19,995 for it. With it being a 2006 is this a fair ASKING price? I've ran the numbers and they're all lower than $20k. I'm not new to the buying market so I know how not to be duped by pesky dealers, but from your guys experience what would be a fair offer? I'm trying to get down to the $16-17 range. Would this be too low? After all it is a two owner, ten year old vehicle. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

*Only faults shown on it is the typical cracked dash issue a lot of people are having. I'm not too worried about this. Here's a link: http://www.405motors.com/used-cars/d...AE25446A371073

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Low mileage is nice, but per their page that is their no haggle price so you might get them down 1500 or so at best. If you don't mind a little mileage, Nathan has one on his lot for less than 9k with 87k miles... That would be half the price, you could buy 2.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got into a back and forth email with one of the salesmen up there. Going through the general manager directly now. They're asking $4-5k more than it's black book value. Typical for a stealership, but oh well. I'll continue looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV