Rock Slider Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've come across several options for rock sliders. Any input on quality would be awesome. Specific knowledge on what works with the AMK compressor would be fantastic and appreciated. If Terrafirma's build quality is that of the more expensive what's the issue with saving some money? If not listed please add for comparison.
All listed have tree bars

Terrafirma- $463 from Luck8
DuSouth Rovers brand- $750
Voyager- on sale for $899
Tactical Rovers- $1100

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was leaning towards the tactical sliders. Mostly because they're squared off and cover the compressor. I hear they're heavy

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that Terrafirma's are garbage. Have to cut them and won't work with the upgraded compressors. You get what you pay for.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that Terrafirma's are garbage. Have to cut them and won't work with the upgraded compressors. You get what you pay for.

From browsing this forum I see tactical had great reviews but they are significantly heavier than others. You also have to relocate the compressor with a kit that they supply. The Voyager ones have a compressor cover that fits right over it, so no relocation needed. I think @mbw just got the tactical sliders

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with with my Proud Rhino sliders from Lucky8. I'm dealing with some fitment issues right now, however, they're pretty good.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt know voyager had a compressor guard... hrmm

the t44 sliders are impressive but the steps on the voyagers are more comfortable and stick out more.

the t44 will be better protection but most wont need that much. t44 protects the air tank also.

im just hoping that the zincnation coating from t44 does what they claim, because the pain of dealing with rust is annoying.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's hard to tell. There have been a few different versions, and they've gone from aluminum to steel.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For real off roading performance and protection, get the Tactical.. For look, just get something you like...

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine pre-dated tactical (Rover Specialty). The side rails are round and with drain holes at the bottom of the slider. It held up ok but will need to replace them at some point...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut