Rock Slider Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julian Liu

Reaction score
I chose Tactical sliders for the extra protection. I installed the sliders a few months ago myself and did have to relocate the air compressor using the included bracket. I asked them to custom make the nerf bar to stick out more for better side step getting in and out of the truck. So instead of the standard 3.5", my nerf bars stick out 4.25". They don't stock that regularly, so had to wait a couple weeks to have them made. It turned out great. I added 3M non-skid tape on top of the square nerf bar (advantage of square vs. round tube) for extra help getting in and out.

Since the Tactical sliders bolt on to the frame, it will make crackling noise on the road as the frame flexes, so be sure to add some rubber padding where it touches the frame. I got a roll of rubber floor mat from Home Depot and cut up strips to slide them between the slider and frame. Noise eliminated = happy camper.

-Julian

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose Tactical sliders for the extra protection. I installed the sliders a few months ago myself and did have to relocate the air compressor using the included bracket. I asked them to custom make the nerf bar to stick out more for better side step getting in and out of the truck. So instead of the standard 3.5", my nerf bars stick out 4.25". They don't stock that regularly, so had to wait a couple weeks to have them made. It turned out great. I added 3M non-skid tape on top of the square nerf bar (advantage of square vs. round tube) for extra help getting in and out.

Since the Tactical sliders bolt on to the frame, it will make crackling noise on the road as the frame flexes, so be sure to add some rubber padding where it touches the frame. I got a roll of rubber floor mat from Home Depot and cut up strips to slide them between the slider and frame. Noise eliminated = happy camper.

-Julian

very nice, happen to have pics? Interested in seeing the extended nerf

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know if I needed to use the relocate or not. It was a pain in the ass to relocate and its loud. I did quite it down a lot by using some foam around the plastic from the top part of the compressor cover. Seems like it has lots of room between the bracket and the sliders. Next time I have the slider off I will move the bracket down.. or even try to put the stock one back. He had to make the sliders when I ordered them this summer. He didn't have them in stock... so that sucks, but oh well. Still happy with it overall.

I just got my sliders recently and Eric never mentioned that as an option. I wish I would have requested different step options. I don't think the 3.5" is enough. It will work fine, but more would be better.

samnt650

Full Access Member
Reaction score
current version to TR slider will accommodate both version of the compressors but yes, you do need to use their compressor mount to provide the "extra room".

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with Voyager sliders. Installed them by myself in the garage. Used a jack and 2x4’s, 13mm socket, pliers to pull plastic clips out. Driver side was slightly difficult as the compressor cover rubbed against the rear of slider by a fraction; enough to prevent bottom bolt holes from lining up. Took nearly 2hr’s. Passenger side went on in 30min from start to finish.
With two people I’m sure everything with be a lot smoother. Been a week since install. So far so good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi