ROOF RACK CROSS BARS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I'm looking for roof rack cross bars for my 2006 LR3. I don't think I'll use them that much, but the 'genuine' product is upwards of $400.
I'm not sure if this is a good 'value', and I'm wondering if anyone can provide feedback on any of the many 'non-genuine' alternatives out there.
1sm032dunno.gif

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Nick Schoeps

Reaction score
I went with the new Yakima aero bars on my factory roof rails and I've been very happy, they're quiet and easy to remove if you need to. I use Thule on my other car, but I think the Yakima system is easiest in the lr3.

Nick

Nick Schoeps

Reaction score
SKYLINE TOWERS (SET OF FOUR) 8000148 1 $199.00
LANDING PAD 4 8000224 2 $96.00
JETSTREAM BLACK LARGE (PAIR) 8000427 1 $195.00

Cheers,
Nick

JosephLopez40

Reaction score
I bought a used set of Yakima bars and they seem to be well made. I put them to work and I image the first owner did too and they are still working hard.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Yakima, not Thule. There is an issue with the Thule rectangular pieces that slide into the roof rail tracks. Thule claims it is OK to slide them in so that just 2 corners contact the roof rails. I decided to grind mine down to the correct size so that all 4 corners grab the inside of the rails. With thousands of dollars of ski equipment or bikes on the roof I did not trust Thule's design compromise.

Or just find a set of used OEM roof bars on ebay or craigslist.

DPetty2994

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I clicked on this thread—just picked up a set of raised OEM bars, and need cross sections!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72