roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjagreen

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just bought a brand new LR4 2016. Does anyone know the best roof rack for it? Do I need to buy sidebars as well?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of options. People may be able to be more specific with their suggestions if you can share some of your requirements or preferences. For example:
- Permanent or temporary? (Many have permanent racks. I wanted it to be temporary so went with Yakima though it sits up higher.)
- Short or long? Some racks extend further over the front even to the point of almost conflicting with the sun roof. Others may only cover the "higher" roof area near the back.
- How high can you go? Some are much lower profile. I believe the low profile options do not use crossbars (which add height) and are "permanent".

Hey, if you are in Colorado I am going to put a Yakima Load Warrior w/ Extension and a set of Thule aero crossbars on Craigs List (Denver) in a week or so as I am switching to the Yakima Mega Warrior.

aj22

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just bought a brand new LR4 2016. Does anyone know the best roof rack for it? Do I need to buy sidebars as well?

I recently sold my 2014 LR4, and still have the Yakima mounts that work with the roof rails that I'd be willing to part with, cheap. PM me if your going that route. PM me if you want more info on the Yakima in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shrinkboy

Reaction score
Full rack

I sprung for the full Baja rack and have been really happy with it. Couple of multi-state car trips with it, nothing has fallen off :)

It does whistle a bit, but I think some foam or a rubber strip under the front faring should make things nicer. Cheap fix once it warms up again.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prospeed roof rack is the bast roof rack there is . Nothing comes close in therms o design, quietness and looks

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had I wanted a permanent rack, I would have gone with a Prospeed. Very nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi