Rover V8 + LT85 Gear box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kvammen

Reaction score
I am about to put a V8 and a LT85 into my 88" S2A. What transmission box do I need and what may go wrong in the process? Maybe some of you have done the conversion and have experiences or even pictures to share with me? I will also put in a Range Rover steering box to get some space around the manifold. By the way, it's a LHD.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand your question, you're putting in an LT85. What are you asking?

Kvammen

Reaction score
Rover V8 + LT 85 Gear Box

I thought that I told you all that I am about to put the above combo into a Series 2A 88" and was asking what transmission box would fit to a LT 85 gear box. I also asked if somebody has done this before and perhaps they could tell me if there would be any difficulties in the process suggesting me not to do it.

As pictures tells more than thousand words I thought that if somebody has done this, they might have some pictures to show the progress.

While waiting for an answer I have been told that the LT 85 would be too long for the job, the main shaft would have to be shortened too much to function.

This has led me to the decision to use my Series Gear Box and a conversion ring to mate them together.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you asking what transfer case to use? The LT85 is a gearbox (transmission).
I haven't done it personally anyway, never felt the need.
You might try this forum, http://forum.landrovernet.com/ V8 conversions to 88's are not uncommon in the UK.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV