RR-T-case Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

luvs2getmuddy

I might have posted in the wrong section b4.
Hey all, I am currently hoping to purchase a RR, and this is more of a educational thread then "something is wrong with my truck threa"/

Anyway, I have done a lot of research, and this is what I have come up with.

Range rovers after 88 came with the new Warberg(or something like that) Transfer Case which eliminated the option of manually selectin 4WD PT. With this new T-case, whether in High, or Low, the T-case automatically locks the center differential.
Correct, or am I missing something?
My question with regards to this T-case, how does it know when to turn the lock on and off? Does it engage and disengage constantly, or once on it stays on? Does it engage permenantly and right away when in Low?

Now, some Rovers(please tell me how I would know which ones, a button to look for, or certain years or what have you, came with some Electronic traction control. That served like a LSD by re-routing the power to the wheel which doesn't have it. Helpful, but no locker by any means.

Thridly, how does the system know not to turn on when on the road? Or how does it know to turn on in snow?

It has mefairly confused. I know the Disco's have th eoption of locking it in H or L manually.

My Cherokee is the same.
Before I go ahead and rid myself of the cherokee, I want to make sure that the Rover is Just as capable if not more.
I am currently hoping to buy one (if the price is right) in the next few days.

Any help or websites, or discussions would help.
I have read a lot on rangerover.net but am still a little unclear.

Also, what does the button in the top right corner next to the heating controls( above the rear window defrost), mean?
7d_3.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72