RR Vogue 2009 key replacment or repair. Update needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Howie

Reaction score
Hi guys, i know this has been covered but there isnt anything thats up to date.

Ive just bought a 2009 vogue and although it starts the car, the buttons on the key dont work, ive been told by the former owner that the battery died inside it so it was just used as a spare but the dealers have lost the good one so its all i have!

Do i still need to go to the main stealer to get a complete replacment key (any idea of cost) or can i get it done pretty much anywhere nowadays.

Also, to replace the battery the key needs to be cut open and have a new case, the battery is soldered in and ive seen an add on ebay for a local guy that will do it for £25.00....is there any danger he could screw it up so it wont even start the car? (asuming hes not ham ****** and breaks the control board!)

Id like to be able to lock and unlock it with out the hasstle of the alarm sounding when i open the door with the key at 5A.M

Thanks muchly....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
shouldn't be any issue as long as he knows what he is doing and has the proper computer.

Howie

Reaction score
hmmmm.....the plot thickens....he tested the key and its working fine!!.....he says it has to be the car....where do i start with that then!?

Howie

Reaction score
All sorted guys.....thanks for your input......
A few goes at the reprogramming procedure got there in the end...

Cheers guys.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV