Sat Radio 1,2,3 Scrolling from steering wheel

Discussion in 'LR4' started by jmars, May 15, 2018.

1. jmars

jmars Active Member

I’ll preface this with an apology if the answer is obvious but for the life of me I can figure it out.

I have a MY16 with meridian stereo....my question is, is there a way to scroll through the all Sat +1,2,3 presets from the steering wheel? I seem to have to switch from sat 1 to sat 2 to 3 via the infomat then the steering wheel allows me to scroll through those specifically selected preset channels.

Since there are a lot of channels and 6 channels per preset I’m looking to alievate removing my hands from the wheel and scrolling through all my selected presets

Thanks all, sorry if this is a dumb one.

2. roverman

roverman Full Access Member

Hold the mode button on the steering wheel for about 3 seconds and it'll cycle through them.
    Just saw you have a '16. That's how it works on a '13, worth a try.

3. jmars

jmars Active Member

Thanks Roverman, when I do this it scrolls through all sat channels not my 3 pages of presets.

4. cperez

cperez Full Access Member

Don't worry, @jmars, you'll get over it. And by "it" I mean expecting intuitive operation from Land Rover electronics. :D

But we still love these things...

5. umbertob

umbertob Full Access Member

They must have dumbed down the later model years, then. My 2013 works the same way, a long press of the MODE button cycles through SAT1, SAT2, and SAT3 bands (and tunes to the last station I was listening to on that band, whether it was a preset or not), then a short press of the forward / reverse buttons on each side of MODE scrolls through the 6 presets. Same with the radio stations (long press of MODE button cycles through FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, etc.)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. jmars

jmars Active Member

I love these trucks bc they are trucks...my wife can’t/won’t drive my/our stg2 a4 avant and I’m now looking to an LR3 bc I need to haul my boat as well and she complains when I take the LR4 for the day during the northeast fall fish runs.

LR may not have dumbed it down....I possibly have dumbed it up! I’ll have to go and play with this further or address with the deal on my next service (w/in a month).

7. jmars

jmars Active Member

Closing the loop here.....I sure dumbed it up....didn’t hold down “mode” long enough. Thanks all