SCV6 - 340hp ---> 380hp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the mechanical difference is between the 380hp SCV6 engine found in the RRS HSE Dynamic and the 340hp SCV6 in the LR4? Different SC pulley maybe? The RRS Base appears to share the same 340hp engine as the LR4, and it also appears that the engine itself is the same as the 380hp rendition, it's just modded somehow and I'm really interested in how.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an answer but could be as simple as a more aggressive ECU tune or a combo of tune and exhaust or tune and pulley. I'd guess a custom tune would net close to that difference. Might be able to find this info on the jaguar forums.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• SCV6 vs SCV6 HST.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 82

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find most of the engine data via the link below. A comparison is attached to save you some time - perhaps you can look at both versions and spot a difference that leads you to the undelying mechanical changes...

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/m...over_sport_2gen/range_rover_sport_2/2017.html
Looks like on the Jaguar boards they think its just a tune difference. The tuners claim 380hp or over improvement so thats probably all it is. Id be interested to see an actual dyno sheet from a customers car, but it's a believable difference.
http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ng-f-type-base-have-you-done-opinions-134769/

I spoke to my JLR dealership and they said it's "tuned" that way but gave me no specifics. Ended up calling a local euro-tune shop and they said that appears to be the fact and an aftermarket ECU tune should render those results. However, they specialize in the 5.0L Ford V8s that are in the Jags and haven't had much experience on the SCV6. I wonder if the IID tool will allow for this boost.

Anyone use the IID tool to squeeze out a few more ponies?

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
........ However, they specialize in the 5.0L Ford V8s that are in the Jags and haven't had much experience on the SCV6. .......

The JLR 5.0 V8 is not the Ford Coyote V8. It was designed by Jaguar and is direct injection. The Ford is ford, previous generation port injection.

I would think any changes to ECU profile that change boost without the balance of the 'system' managing the increased stress and thermals would void any warranties.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDD tool wont do anything for you. There seem to be 2 popular tuners on the Jag boards that work on the scv6 engine. Either of them should be able to work on the LR4.