Series IIa Station Wagon - Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jryaus

Reaction score
Hey all,
This is my first time to post, and actually joined this group to post. I've been looking for an older Land Rover for a while now and have recently come across a 1968 Series IIa Station Wagon. The owner tells me that the original owner bought it new in '68 and drove it till 1974, when he died and it has sat parked under a shed ever since. The engine's stopped, there is some rust around the door frames and some surface rust on the frame, and basically it looks like it's been sitting there for forty years. He's asking $2,500 for it. So my question is, is it worth it? I don't know much at all about Land Rovers this old, what are the chances that the engine would start after some work? Thanks alot
Ryan

jryaus

Reaction score
Some More Info that I forgot

I forgot to say that it has 40,000 original miles.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would also check the firewall for rust..., but at that price it wouldn't be a bad rebuild.

One of these days I may have to buy one myself.

These guy would be better at telling you if what you are looking at is worth it.

http://eastcoastrover.com/

hillbilly

Reaction score
A complete untouched survivor @2500 bucks is a steal you could drag it home and wash it and flip it for double your money

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72