Serpentine belt A/C bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this before? I need to bypass my A/c compressor but don't know which belt to get, I need it drivable while I wait for the new compressor to show up. The current A/C compressor is screaming like a banshee and almost stalling the vehicle.

Crosbo

Reaction score
Are you sure the configuration geometry will allow you to do so? I recall when my compressor died; not only did it lock up but it caused the belt to snap and just as I pulled into my driveway, the temps shot to the red side of the dial. I was lucky. But I couldn't figure out a way to bypass the AC compressor with a smaller belt, due to the pulley configuration.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the v6, should have mentioned that earlier, my belt goes over the water pump then over the a/c compressor, next it goes down over the fan. So I figure with a shorter belt I could skip the a/c compressor and after the water pump the belt would be in the same configuration as it goes to the fan. If that makes any sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV