Service Engine Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Disco HSE7. 57k miles.
SES light came on while driving, flashes and goes away. Speed was a little jerky when it flashes... Stopped and start the engine again, the light just stays on now. All fluid level are normal. Last oil change was at about 54k.
In addition, air condition takes about 10 minutes to 'kick-in' for the last few days. Just wondering if that is related to the SES light.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First have your code read, way too hard to guess at the issue...

Have your R134a level checked, you may be low.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
0300 = Generic Misfire
0306 = cylinder 6 misfire

How old are plugs and wires? Tried a different fuel stop lately?
any and all info for recent work maybe important.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing was done recently. last job was oil and filter replacement. plugs and wire are still original. same old chevron gas all the time.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would clear the codes and if the issue comes back look at new plugs and maybe wires... Hopefully nothing major.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any articles on how to replace the plugs and wires? can i just pull the wire off the plug?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
wires are a little bit of a pain, you have to do one at a time and reaching behind the plenum is not fun.

Plugs are one at a time, but easy, just remove plug wire - remove plug - install new plug - put wire back on.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cleared... by itself. I was waiting for the engine to cool down, tried to pull the wire off from the 1st one on the right without success so I stopped. about 20 minutes later, I started the engine and there's no SES light! until next time, i guess. don't fix if ain't broke, right?
thank you joey. i will know what to do next time. Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV