Service Engine Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt,
How many miles on your truck, have you done the 60K along with plug wires? If they haven't been done, and you are a little mechanical, I can walk you thru the wires change.
Send me your number.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi mike,
it's just over 57k. it will be great if you can tell me how to change the plug wires. i purchased the BOSCH Platnium +4 plugs already and about to change them out this weekend...
look foward to hear from you.
thanks.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new plugs install but the SES light is still on (and flashes sometimes). although it does not run as rough as before. feel and sounds like normal.
need new wires? anything else?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Flashing SES is a bad sign, sounds like at least one cylinder is not firing... I would have it checked.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove around for about 50 miles yesterday. it will not flash when there's no hard acceleration. when you step on it hard, the light will flash and the response were sluggish (feels like misfiring).
my next thing is change out the plug wires but don't know how to get to it. is it very involved? anyone has notes or pictures on how to do that? should i change and service other parts while i am at it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have large hands it can be a pain unless you remove the intake.

Other wise just do one at a time.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I checked and did not see plug wire replacement.... I got to thinking this could also be a bad or dirty MAF sensor.... do you have a OBDII scanner that will show readings as well as codes?

If so check the MAF sensor when driving... also check to make sure air cleaner isn't dirty...

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will run the codes again tomorrow and see. the air filter is clean.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P1300, P0301 & P0306. my last scan has P0307 but not P0306...
coil pack bad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV