Service Engine Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
urhhhh..... joey? mike? anyone?
does it make you think it's the coil pack since is #1 & #6?
should i get gasket and etc while i am taking the top apart?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with wires if it were me.... but that is my call... never hurts to also run some injector cleaner in it to make sure it isn't just dirty injectors.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replaced driver side coil pack (since the code shows P0301 & 0306) on saturday. didn't help. she runs worst than before the procedures were done... i am out of ideas now.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you located, maybe someone is near by that can help?

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i sent you my cell number via 'send private message'. please check when you get a chance. thanks.

discomk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's fixed!!!
i think it was the wires. although i replaced the plugs first, then the driver side coil pack (problem didn't go away)... over the new year break, i replace the wires and reset the codes. she runs like a dream again!
thank you mike and joey as always! you guys are great!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to order a set of 8 mm wires, either Magnacor or STI, get a new set of either Champion dual Platinum or Bosh Platinum Plus 4's and then send me your number and I'll walk you thru how to install new wires without removing the manifold.

yokuro

Reaction score
Please Joey,
SES light came on while driving, but doesn't flash and still steady. Do you think replacing the plugs and wires will help? What are the plugs and wires you have mentioned? Where are they?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72