Service Indicator Reset - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garciado

Reaction score
Service interval reset

I finally received my CAN Mate SRT, and it was VERY simple to use. it allows you to do a physical choice of reset options, with clear instructions, I just used Factory setting. Just turned key to on position, inserted it into the ODB port, light showed bright blue, then switched to green in a matter of seconds, and interval was reset. I have heard that they lock themselves to the VIN somehow, so you can't use it on any other vehicles, and will check that if I run into someone else with an LR3. On the bad side, when the shipping delays made me wonder if I had been scammed, I emailed every address I could find at Blackbox Solutions, multiple times, and no one has ever returned my emails, so if I had had a problem with it, now or during upcoming warranty, it may be an issue.

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What else can it do besides the service indicator?

garciado

Reaction score
Can Mate SRT

All it does is the service interval reset. I think the SRT actually stands for service reset tool. The only variables you do have are that you can change the number of days and miles that it alerts you before the next service interval, which is apparently set at 24k miles, or 12k Kilometers, depending on country.

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely stupid. Resetting the #$#@ oil life, should not be rocket science.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA