Service questions - 64k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to do my own 64k service but when looking at my dealership's list of "to do's" there are two I'm unsure of. Can anyone here tell me what the following 2 items entail?

- Premium Engine Treatment
- Internal Engine Cleaning Service

Thank you in advance

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fuel induction service. If it is, I have read differing opinions on the need for it unless you are experiencing symptoms such as rough idle. It doesn't seem like it will hurt, but may not be necessary.

ricker

Reaction score
LR Dallas adds a can of BG44 fuel system cleaner to the fuel tank. This is all they seem to do for the internal engine cleaning as far as I can tell.

Regard,
David

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this is the BG44 stuff. They either add a can to the tank or they hook it up to a BG products machine that purportedly cleans the intake.

I just run a can of BG44 through my tank before every other oil change and call it good.

ricker

Reaction score
I add BG44 to my fuel tank at each oil change as well. You can often find a 6-pack on eBay for a reasonable price.

Regards,

David

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m right around 64k and was unaware of bg44k. My idle is perfect, but mpg is terrible, even for an LR4.

Picked up a bottle of bg44k today. We’ll see if it makes any difference with mpg. Figured it’s $20 and can’t hurt.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats your average MPG?
Only had the vehicle for a couple weeks, but barely getting 11. Mostly city driving.

Just did a road trip with a couple hundred highway miles and got 14.

Vehicle is totally stock.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA