Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

What kind of shocks does everyone use? I have heard that OME Shocks are not as good as their springs. I don't want to spend the money for fox shocks, but I heard they are the best.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
OME HD Front and Rear with I believe the N11 OME shocks and N75...Please do not quote me on the shock numbers! I really love the ride much better than stock! And the rover got a bit of a lift as well.

D

discomike

Bryce,
I have boththe OME shocks and springs and I couldn't be more happy with them. As you can see, by my truck photo, I do go play and play hard with my 99.
Take a chance, you will love them.
Mike J.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME MD (764) in the rear, stocks in the front for now.

I'm building a front bumper, at which point the RTE HD 3" front springs will go on.

Stock shocks for at least another year; rears have custom-fabricated brackets.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dont go rancho route. Everything else is ok.

I used bilsteins, pro-comps and OME on my trucks. Bilsteins (i got 20% stiffer ones) are VERY nice on rocks, and highway (awesome cornering) but suck big time on gravel roads with those stupid marks from tractors - you getting all jumpy, even if aird down). Pro-comps (9000ES) are good on highway/road (comfy) and dirt/gravel roads (i hadnt ride them on rocks, it was winter and i soon took them off with lift added), dunno about off-road. OMEs seems to be quite ok at handling all conditions. I got HD ones with HD springs from NWP.

And OME seems to be preferred by general crowd :)

M

marc olivares

save your money and buy the Fox!

yes they are the best!

S

SNNIPER

Byrce I Have Lovell Hd Springs With Copfab Shocks Works Well As Over Here Only Landcruier Drivers Put O.me On. I Did Think About Ranchos 9000

G

Gotrovr

Fox Pro 2.0 emulsion/nitrogen charged shocks came with my 96 D1 and Safari Guard stage III three link suspension from previous owner

Unlimited adjustment with rebound/compression damping with internal washers (plates) or oil viscosity and spring rate with N2 pressure.

I've since re-built my Fox 2.0's (very easy DIY) changed oil from 5 to 10 weight to help increase overall damping coeficient

:bandit:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV