Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WoW! ^^^^ those 20's look mean

Thanks! 285ers are chunky, that's for sure.

I think Compomotives are on the purchase list for next summer, though. I absolutely love the current look, but I'm starting to realize that I would conquer more and worry less without the 20s. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnarchyAnt

Reaction score
Thanks! 285ers are chunky, that's for sure.

I think Compomotives are on the purchase list for next summer, though. I absolutely love the current look, but I'm starting to realize that I would conquer more and worry less without the 20s. [emoji53]

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably move to the Compomotive 18s as well. I'm not going to go too crazy on tires as this is my only vehicle, but I'd like something a little meaner.

Fletcher27

Reaction score
I am super excited to join the LR4 family! I'll be picking this up by the end of the week, so more pictures to come. After months of back and forth between choices, I'm really glad I went with the LR4, especially here in Colorado.

IMG_0842.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am super excited to join the LR4 family! I'll be picking this up by the end of the week, so more pictures to come. After months of back and forth between choices, I'm really glad I went with the LR4, especially here in Colorado.

View attachment 6518

Congratulations! You will find a few CO folks on here and everyone is really helpful and nice. Nice you picked one up before the style goes in a different direction (but, that's another thread).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hola Fishjump!
I'm also running the 20in Nitto G2's on my wife LR4 and they have done very well. Fairly quiet on the highway and have handled what we done with them. You should join the Nor Cal club and come join us at our 10th Annual Member's Appreciation Weekend "OktRoverFest" coming up in a few weeks. If you join up now the dues cover the remainder of this year and all of next year. Just sayin (and for disclosure I'm not just a member but I'm also the President [emoji41])

Chris

Howdy, Chris!

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy David!! We're definitely missing you here. I'm glad you still participate in our forums [emoji106]

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some minor off-roading this weekend to check out the leaves changing here in CO.

Love it! I'm heading down to Telluride tomorrow to enjoy the beautiful colors and (hopefully) hit some trails as well. Should be a gorgeous weekend. [emoji106]

AnarchyAnt

Reaction score
Love it! I'm heading down to Telluride tomorrow to enjoy the beautiful colors and (hopefully) hit some trails as well. Should be a gorgeous weekend. [emoji106]

Good for you! They are changing fast so this will probably be the last good weekend for checking out the colors.

I don't have a lot of experience off-roading and so thought I would take an easy trail and just go slow. The truck drove great, but I really need meatier tires if I am going to do much more. The stock tires on 20" rims made me really nervous on all the sharp rocks jutting out of the ground.

Also picked up some minor scratches from branches and a couple of good dings on my rims, so now I can stop worrying about it! :biggrin:

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you! They are changing fast so this will probably be the last good weekend for checking out the colors.

I don't have a lot of experience off-roading and so thought I would take an easy trail and just go slow. The truck drove great, but I really need meatier tires if I am going to do much more. The stock tires on 20" rims made me really nervous on all the sharp rocks jutting out of the ground.

Also picked up some minor scratches from branches and a couple of good dings on my rims, so now I can stop worrying about it! :biggrin:

When we first acquired our LR4 I looked at those 20"ers and cringed. I consider myself a reasonable off-roader so a few weeks later they were gone. LR3 18" wheels, spacers and 285/60-18 General Grabber AT's were the replacement. Very happy with choice. Highway performance is good. Took the LR4 up Engineer's Pass on the Ouray side with confidence. Others were wondering why I was up there but she did well :)

Colorado is not flat and muddy. Most trails are broken down granite to sharp rocks. Even the dealer thinks the large rims are inappropriate for moderate trails.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA