Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Now that is a more proper backdrop! Just out of curiosity, does anyone have experience painting the grill and side vents? I would love to black mine out without having to spend $700+ buying all new ones, if I even can find them.

View attachment 6584

I ended up buying brand new black side vents from ebay, not OEM but i cant tell the diference.
For the grill: like you, i did not wanted to spend a lot of $$ and buy an OEM one, so i order a non OEM from ebay and painted it myself, and i was going to cut it anyway so...

Bought my paint and clear from automotivetouchup.com it took me a few hours to paint and i cant complain. I did this about a year ago and still looks good.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

fishjump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Christianmoto, that setup looks great. Can you share information on what make that light bar is, and how you mounted it?

Thanks,

Paul

Christianmotox

Reaction score
Its a 32" Auxbeam led. Its a little bid to wide, so i had to shave about .250" on each side of the light to make it fit. You will need to mount it to the radiator support using the brackets provided. And obviously you will need to cut the top part of the grille.

Its about a 2 hour job not counting the cabling.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a long time fan of Land Rover and this site.
Browsed lots of postings on here before finally deciding to take a chance with this 2010 HSE Alaska white.

Picked it up on Friday and had to test the electronics...
20161016_121300.jpg

Then, Plasti-Dipped the grill, vents, lettering, and wheels.
5660C469-.jpg

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that is a more proper backdrop! Just out of curiosity, does anyone have experience painting the grill and side vents? I would love to black mine out without having to spend $700+ buying all new ones, if I even can find them.

View attachment 6584
Plasti-Dip is the way to go. Took me an afternoons to do the grill, vents, lettering, and wheels. Most of the time was spent taking the wheels off and cleaning them. Vents and grill should take less than an hour. Once fully cured, dried bugs are easy to was off with a soapy sponge.

fishjump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience on how the coat hold's up on the wheels? Has any body had their wheels professionally anodized instead?

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a couple sets of wheels on road cars and they've held up pretty well the last two to three years. Of course being in Houston, we don't get any snow. The intense sun and heat does cause a slight fade. I'm sure they won't hold up quite as well in deep ruts and harsh off road terrains. But it's easy enough to fix or redo that I wouldn't consider it an issue. Being that it's not permanent also makes it easy to change in case I grow out of the "Storm Trooper" phase and something new comes along. There's some beautiful sparkling silver-flaked wheels under that black paint. I would hate to permanently powder coat or anodize those wheels.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA