Showoff Your LR4

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Finlayforprez, Apr 27, 2012.

1. LR4TQ

LR4TQ Full Access Member

It's the Prospeed rack. You do need the short rails to install the rack but I love this rack for the lack of noise it generates and the way it looks. I had the Frontrunner rack before this and do think the FR rack is a bit more functional especially since I had a lot of their accessories. However, the FR rack is also very loud to me even with their wind screen installed and since the LR is also my daily driver, the noise issue bothered me plenty.

trurob777 likes this.
  2. backcountryLR4

backcountryLR4 Member

Do you have anything that allows you to attach skis to the prospeed?

I live in a 75-80mph zone(which means 90 is not out of the question) and my garage is not very tall.
    Those two things make low profile and low wind noise my most desired attributes.

I'd love to see anymore pics you might have. Did you have to buy the short rails and if so, where did you acquire them?

trurob777 likes this.
  3. LR4TQ

LR4TQ Full Access Member

I don't have a close up pic but here is another angle. I don't think they sell specific ski holders but it has plenty of mounting points on the rack floor for you to get creative.

[​IMG]

backcountryLR4 likes this.
  4. trurob777

trurob777 Member

Can you purchase the ProSpeed rack in the states? I've only been able to find vendors out of the UK.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. chrisp

chrisp Member

Out of curiosity...why the 285 Nittos vs the 265? Stock being 255. I've been thinking of picking up a pair this year, but I was expecting to get the 265's...unless there's a reason 285 is better :)

6. jaguardoc504

jaguardoc504 Full Access Member

Wider contact patch, trade off for the lower sidewall. The main reason for deflating tires when off roading is to increase the contact patch to increase weight distribution, and "floatation". With the lower profile tire, airing down becomes a significant issue. Going with a wider tire, means you don't have to air down, but still get the benefit of a wider contact patch.
    Plus it looks so much cooler

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

7. eli4x4

eli4x4 New Member

Jaguardoc504 can you post a pic of the tiers? Are these on 18 or 19 inch rims?