Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late posting. Purchased in December. Been a member of this forum since 2011 after purchasing an 05 Disco3 years back. I sold that and drove several other vehicles. Finally got back into a Landy.

New to me 2010 LR4 HSE w/ HD package with 77k miles and purchased 5yr/58k mile extended warranty which has already paid for itself with new compressor, lines, lower control arms, etc. Bought stock. I've since added a Front Runner ladder, 2.5" rod lift, PIAA fogs, 275/55 Duratracs, JLw3 Subwoofer made to be tucked into the interior of the LR4 with 400watt amp, Parrot Bluetooth(factory Bluetooth is horrible). Future mods include 18" Compomotives, Tactical Rovers bumper with 9.5k superwinch, Voyanger rack, etc. I DO plan on wheeling this one. Might I add the DIY oil changes are far easier on this 5.0 than the previous LR3.

How do you feel about plasti dip? The wheels are powder coated properly. I'm debating between plasti dipping the side vents and front grill or purchasing black vents/grill. Plasti dip would be a much cheaper option. Looking for opinions.

IMG_1267.JPG

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late posting. Purchased in December. Been a member of this forum since 2011 after purchasing an 05 Disco3 years back. I sold that and drove several other vehicles. Finally got back into a Landy.

New to me 2010 LR4 HSE w/ HD package with 77k miles and purchased 5yr/58k mile extended warranty which has already paid for itself with new compressor, lines, lower control arms, etc. Bought stock. I've since added a Front Runner ladder, 2.5" rod lift, PIAA fogs, 275/55 Duratracs, JLw3 Subwoofer made to be tucked into the interior of the LR4 with 400watt amp, Parrot Bluetooth(factory Bluetooth is horrible). Future mods include 18" Compomotives, Tactical Rovers bumper with 9.5k superwinch, Voyanger rack, etc. I DO plan on wheeling this one. Might I add the DIY oil changes are far easier on this 5.0 than the previous LR3.

How do you feel about plasti dip? The wheels are powder coated properly. I'm debating between plasti dipping the side vents and front grill or purchasing black vents/grill. Plasti dip would be a much cheaper option. Looking for opinions.

View attachment 6902

I plastidipped everything last month, easy to apply, inexpensive, so far very durable, I think I sprayed 9 or 10 coats. Plus if you don't like it then peel it off. The handles are the only things I had to touch up. We'll see how it holds up, if it becomes something I have to keep up too often I'll just get everything painted, but so far so good.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does the pic look compressed horizontally? Amazing shot, but the LR looks weirdly sized.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastidip works well but it gets very difficult to remove dry mud and quickly gets stained. If you don't go off-road or only in dry weather then you're fine.

Mrover4

Reaction score
Just joined so thought i'd contribute some pictures of my LR. Have a ladder on the back and am planning to install a lightbar next weekend and hopefully some wheels in the future.

P.s. rims, badges, and grille are plastidipped and have only had to redo one wheel. other three and grille have lasted me a solid 6 months with about 8 coats on each part. like axelr said though, it does get slightly stained but personally, the muddy looks better in my opinion.

IMG_9660.JPG

IMG_9670.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi