Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just purchased this LR4 that will be replacing my FJ Cruiser. Really looking forward to making a road trip out west in this beast and putting it through the paces!

f8pJOeJ.jpg

aRrEGoq.jpg

RGV5Evm.jpg

DaJammer

Reaction score
A few friends and I spent Saturday at the Rowher Flat OHV area outside of Santa Clarita, CA. I've had my LR4 out in the desert and in the snow this past year and have been impressed thus far with its abilities. But my day out on these trails really blew me away with how capable this truck is. Prior to the LR4 I would get out on the trails with my Toyota FJ Cruiser (running proper AT tires and 3" lift). So I'm not new to wheeling. And while I have no doubt my FJ could have run the same trails, the no fuss and comfort by which the LR4 did it was just nuts.

It was also really the first time I was able to fully utilize the 2-speed transfer case and the various terrain settings. I did get some strange looks from guys in their lifted trucks, lockers, and AT tires, etc. Cause after all, I'm in a stock LR4 riding on 20" wheels. At one point on the trail, a guy was watching as I was coming up a steep, rocky incline, and as I went by I waved and said "Hello." He motioned further up the trail and said "You're taking that (pointing at my truck) up there?" "Sure, that's what these things are built for" I replied.

Prior to my purchase, and during my research phase of car shopping, I read many articles about the capabilities of the LR4. But reading about it vs doing it gives you a whole new perspective of what a magnificent vehicle we are lucky enough to own!

IMG_20170603_104532139.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72