Software update a must for all !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe it's not just the car's learned settings but the $hit you guys are teaching it!

What if you reset it, and then drove it more aggressively for a month? I drive in Sport Mode when I'm not on the freeway and I don't notice any sluggishness. I will note however that after I got my MAF Sensor replaced the LR3 was like a whole different rig. Much more responsive and quick.

You guys getting any REP messages? Have you ever had your MAF changed? Maybe it's just a component that needs to be changed every 60k or so...

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was experincing the exact same thing. Told the dealer, and it was fixed with a software upgrade. Now, smooth as silk from a stop . . .

My acceleration is awful these days. It is basically that throttle delay when you come to a rolling stop (intersections, pulling onto a road, STOP signs I don't actually stop for...). I get a 2 second delay from when I hit the gas to when the car goes. It is awful and dangerous.

Dealer won't fix it. Claims it is just my rover's learned settings and all he'll do is reset them for me or tell me how to do it. It never fixes the problem.

I've discussed this here before, as have others, but as summer approaches and my foot gets heavier, I notice it more! Anyone have some fixes? Maybe I should go to another dealer before my LR Extended expires (I'm at 92K now).

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My acceleration is awful these days. It is basically that throttle delay when you come to a rolling stop (intersections, pulling onto a road, STOP signs I don't actually stop for...). I get a 2 second delay from when I hit the gas to when the car goes. It is awful and dangerous.

Dealer won't fix it. Claims it is just my rover's learned settings and all he'll do is reset them for me or tell me how to do it. It never fixes the problem.

I've discussed this here before, as have others, but as summer approaches and my foot gets heavier, I notice it more! Anyone have some fixes? Maybe I should go to another dealer before my LR Extended expires (I'm at 92K now).

Same story here. Delay actually scares me sometimes when I need to pull out. The next trip to the dealer will result in a laundry list for them. Hopefully it works out. Some issues are the same that I tell them every trip.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another plus for the faultmate is that you can check that you have the current software update for your vehicle and update it if not. It is a bit of a process but doable none the less.

I have a ***-COM for my Audi and am intrigued with the FaultMate. Let me ask you this. You said you can update the software via FaultMate. Is that correct? If so, is it the same software that the dealer would use to update your ECU's? How do you get the updated software?

Trynian

Reaction score
I have a ***-COM for my Audi and am intrigued with the FaultMate. Let me ask you this. You said you can update the software via FaultMate. Is that correct? If so, is it the same software that the dealer would use to update your ECU's? How do you get the updated software?

Yes you can, it is like flashing new firmware to a computer component. I haven't messed with it much other then to check if I had the latest releases but to my understanding the software they use is from the dealer. Sometimes it takes a bit of time before they get a new release after it is released to the dealers.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, it is like flashing new firmware to a computer component. I haven't messed with it much other then to check if I had the latest releases but to my understanding the software they use is from the dealer. Sometimes it takes a bit of time before they get a new release after it is released to the dealers.

Now THAT is slick! Anyone in the Denver Area with a FaultMate ;) :biggrin:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you spend big bucks for one they are locked to a single vehicle....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA