Spark plugs - then check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCD30

Reaction score
I have a 2006 - it’s old. I know things are going to wrong (and lots have!). But anyway, I had the spark plugs changed about a month ago as a preventative measure (was suggested at a routine service appointment). Then I had to have the car towed the other day because the check engine light came on and the act wouldn’t accelerate.

They called today and said it was the coils - like 6 need to be replaced. Any chance this has to do with them doing something when they replaced the spark plugs? Just seems odd to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on mileage and how the coils were treated during the replacement of the plugs. If higher mileage, then they may have just gone bad, or maybe a bad ground caused it.

Stewmeat2

Reaction score
Welcome to reality KCD30!

My experience with the 2004 and 109,000 miles, was most of the wire looming had fallen apart from age and my wiring was all exposed. So, I re-wrapped my entire engine compartment wiring myself. But also, stuff like all timing belts were failing and stretched and badly needed replacement. I also did all of that myself. Then all of the coil-packs started failing too and got replaced too.

I finally had purchased an ICARSOFT scan-tool so that I could read and re-set fault codes myself, as there are/is never relief from something going wrong on my Land Rover. They are over-rated, way over-priced, and practically all other manufactures have similar looking, better quality and prices for real people.

Now days, I keep the LR for ballast in my yard. since I have a real, 2008 Shelby Cobra GT500 for styling, a Full-Sized Bronco gas guzzler for serious off-roading, and a 2005 Tahoe for everyday stuff!

BTW KCD30, How do you like that new Acura?

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A "real" Shelby GT500 would be a 1967 with 428 FE engine with a T-10 tranny.
Had to poke at ya, no hard feelings bro.
FE die hard at this end building 454 (not chubbies) & 484 FE's with a future planned 520 FE for the 68 F250 Ranger.
My 95 D1 5-spd has been a brain test getting it debugged plus functioning normal has been fun after repowering with 4.6, cam and chip. A "Limey Lemon" dad always called it. It ain't no 56 300c Mercedes that I own.
Zero dealerships at my end, DIY working on it over18 years so far and yes they all have problems. Pushrod engines for a reason at my end but have a OHC Honda lawn mower.
I really enjoy reading those that drive a LR with 100K plus miles having "zero problems". Passing that test they should qualify to be a politician.
.....~~=o&o>......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV