SPEAKER GRILLE RATTLE FIXED / HSE Logic 7 front door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I've had my 05 HSE the front door panels rattle when listening to songs with lots of bass. Extremely annoying. Dealer tried to fix a year ago, said no way to fix (really they said they didnt find a problem). I finally figured out it was the top speaker grille rattling on both doors. If I pressed it slightly or had someone press the pass speaker grille, it would go away.

I searched here (and elsewhere) and no one had really ever posted this fix so I thought I would put it here for others.

Anyway, today I took off both driver and pass interior front door panels.

My car is a late 05 build -- 03/05. The door panels are all "plastic welded" together -- ie the speaker grilles are plastic-welded/attached to the door panels, the handles, the door pocket, the tweeter up top -- its all plastic welded together.

I found the problem. The top speaker "mounts" were never plastic welded to the door panels. So they were rattling. I took an old crappy soldering iron, got it very hot, and then did the "welding" myself by basically melting the tabs together as the factory should have done.

Looks like this is just something they forgot. Anyone with an 05 HSE with the same problem and Logic 7 system, its worth a shot. Now my nav voice doesnt vibrate the speaker grille and the system sounds WAY better without the door panels rattling.

I would have taken pics but my wife has 'misplaced' our digital camera. But if you read online and figure out how to take the door panels off (I searched and found it), the plastic weld error was pretty obvious. I laid towels all over everything so as not to mess up my door panels.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah. . .Yeah, I got them to fix that problem. By their own reasoning, their only fix was to replace the entire door panel, and that's what they did. You'd think they would have engineered a simple fix as the one you mentioned.

magicmarker

Reaction score
Hi Nash

good thinking on the fix. Another option I've used in the past is to apply some silicone RTV on the inside of the door panel to stop the parts moving.

By the way, one of the best ways to find problems like this is to use an audio test disc. Several places to get them online, and most come with a series of test tones that can be used for finding buzzes and rattles. You would be amazed how the door panel will "light up" when you play the correct frequency. Then it's a repeatable problem and you can go fix it. Here is one example: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_503CD101/Autosound-2000-Disc-One-Disc-One.html?tp=556

(I don't work for either of these companies)

SxxyQbn

Reaction score
2004 Range Rover HSE

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the name or part number of the center speaker GRIILL which is in the middle on the top part of the dash near the windshield? The recatangular mesh grill came off and I need to replace it but I have had no luck finding the piece on Ebay, Amazon, Google, etc.

Thanks,

myclejay

Reaction score
Ever since I've had my 05 HSE the front door panels rattle when listening to songs with lots of bass. Extremely annoying. Dealer tried to fix a year ago, said no way to fix (really they said they didnt find a problem). I finally figured out it was the top speaker grille rattling on both doors. If I pressed it slightly or had someone press the pass speaker grille, it would go away.

I searched here (and elsewhere) and no one had really ever posted this fix so I thought I would put it here for others.

Anyway, today I took off both driver and pass interior front door panels.

My car is a late 05 build -- 03/05. The door panels are all "plastic welded" together -- ie the speaker grilles are plastic-welded/attached to the door panels, the handles, the door pocket, the tweeter up top -- its all plastic welded together.

I found the problem. The top speaker "mounts" were never plastic welded to the door panels. So they were rattling. I took an old crappy soldering iron, got it very hot, and then did the "welding" myself by basically melting the tabs together as the factory should have done.

Looks like this is just something they forgot. Anyone with an 05 HSE with the same problem and Logic 7 system, its worth a shot. Now my nav voice doesnt vibrate the speaker grille and the system sounds WAY better without the door panels rattling.

I would have taken pics but my wife has 'misplaced' our digital camera. But if you read online and figure out how to take the door panels off (I searched and found it), the plastic weld error was pretty obvious. I laid towels all over everything so as not to mess up my door panels.

Haha...this may be my issue. I am getting rattling but it seems like it's progressive though. By progressive I mean that the Pass/front started acting up first and sometimes wouldn't rattle which lead me to believe the speakers were on their way out. Now the Driver's side is rattling. This is actually on a low volume setting so i'm not sure what's going on. I'll have to take the panels off as you did. Question: Where did you find how to do this? and Are you able to take just the grilles off by themselves or is the entire panel one unit?

Adanny

Reaction score
I just got my 2018 sport and have the same issue with the front passenger speaker.
I Facebook Land Rover USA and waiting to hear back from them.

Redinak

Reaction score
So I had rattling issue with my Center dash speaker and I took the grill off and the speaker out and the hard cone part of the speaker was separating from the rubber . Door speakers could be suffering the same issues, I have not taken the door panels off yet.

Does anyone have a part number or know where I can purchase replacement speaker for center dash?
2006 LR3 HSE with the Logic 7 system

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA