Stuck CDL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey, when you had your linkage out, did the round dow move outward when you shifted to diff lock, to the left? The round dow that I'm talking about goes through the housing on the left side and is secured with two phillips head screws.

Here's a pic of the lever. What I'm talking about is on the opposite side of what's shown, where the shifter rod goes through the housing. I think that's where mine is stuck as the shifter will only move slightly towards the left.

discolever.jpg

TIA,
Mike

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When mine was stuck, it didn't move at all. Left that is... I took my vise grips between the housing and the lever (hmmm I think mayber I removed the Diff lock connector to do this), then move the shaft or dow fore and aft until it was free (moving no more than 1/2 inch either way) with lots of break free or your choice of anti rust. After it moves nicely, then while still moving fore and aft push lever left and right till it moves smoothly. Lots of fun and takes a while, but it will work. When your done, just reconnect the Diff lock connector and all should be working as normal.

When I did mine I was in a Hotel Parking lot, so I know the feeling about wanting to get the job done as soon as possible.

Hope this helps.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey! Mine already moves forward and backward, high and low range. I'll work on it some more today. Reading your experience, I'm a little more enthusiastic that I can get mine to work as well.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, after several hours today, I finally got it to work. Thanks again for all of the suggestions Joey and Mike! I ended up tapping the bottom portion of the shifter with a hammer, spray lube, hit with hammer ........Now it shifts just like it should. It was a pita but now that its over, i'm glad to have done it myself. Thanks again guys!

Mike

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I could be of help...I remember saying it was lots of fun :help: I know it took me almost 2 hours of fighting mine to make it work properly, then I filled the assy with grease to help keep it lubed for life I hope. Of course I also shift in and out of Diff-lock a few times every month just to make sure that all is well.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can count on me shifting it several times a month to keep it working and lubed properly. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA