Suspension, air compressor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Hi y'all, quick question, recently suspension light went on, car sit down, dont drive it 30 mph, etc.

Sadly It was the air pump...Bought the dorman 949-000 air compressor suspension assembly!

Alloy frame/mounting for the new motor were a little bit different but I manage to installed it.... it started working for a couple of minutes and every warning lights went off but sudendly it stopped workingand warning lights went on again!!

I tested the motor with external power source and it is fine, just the car dont move it, also changed the compressor relay and nothing...

Other relay? Brake light switch sensor? Any idea??

Any help is greatly apreciated!!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it require a software update?

Canalawyer

Reaction score
It could be! I don't know for sure...
would apreciate more info here... somebody has used this dorman 949-000 air compressor???

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the same as the Dunlop compressor that was available a few years back?

Canalawyer

Reaction score
I don't know if it is the same, but here is a couple of pics!!

The reviews on it are very good but I'm havi,g this problem...

Screenshot_2017-01-09-13-43-53-1.png

Screenshot_2017-01-09-13-43-45-1.png

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess an update would be in order.

In otherwords, have you got your 3 up and running?

The -900 compressor should not require any updates however what you received may not be the -900 unit. The first thing I would be looking into the electrical connectors of both the new and removed unit to see if the numbers of pins within each connector is the same.

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Thank you but I returned this one and just cleaned and fixed the old one!

stufrowin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the Dorman compressor I think the valve gets stuck. My guess it's a knockoff of the Dunlop pump. Completely overhauled my original a few times had the Dorman in and out several times. A total of about 6 months messing with it. Returned the Dorman, finally just replaced with AMK unit haven't had a single problem since (1 year ago) I wish I would have done that first and not wasted my time. Well worth the extra few hundred dollars.

discodanny

Reaction score
I had many of these problems.
in fact, I've 4 compressors in my garage as I thought that one of these days I will refurbish them.
my statistics showed that 70+% of the malfunctions related to the suspension/compressor.
lately I took a decision and put on the heavy duty replacement spring kit and I see no difference in driving but I drive calmly off road !!!!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Differences out to be in flex, ground clearance and tuning...not sure how the electronic wizzardry will work without the EAS functioning. Only time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72