Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 3 weeks ago our HSE had a suspension fault. I was told that the temp sensor in the compressor was faulty, that it reported temps too high to operate and the compressor was replaced.

We returned three days ago after a trip from Princeton, NJ to Washington, DC and back. Did the 4th thing all weekend and on the way home from a picnic last night... BOOM - Suspension Fault agian. This time it cleared with a re-start.

The question is... has this happen to others and should I be expecting a total breakdown soon?

Scott

F

flowner

This happened to me. No total faliure but my ride quality decreased everyday, which probably caused my tire wear/alignment problems which I'm taking back to the dealer tomorrow for a second attempt to fix. (see my uneven tire wear post)

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We recently started getting "suspension fault" these past couple of days, can't take it into the dealer unitl monday(no loaner cars). Hopefully, the car will hold up until then. So it could possibly be a bad compressor? We don't go offroading at all, only reg. road use.

It's hot as hell here though, any possibility the heat is the cause? 95*-99* with alot of humidity.

T

tommithy

I'm seeing suspension faults as well. Oddly it started happening after a visit to the dealer to have the RSEP installed. Other thing that wen't along with it is my mileage has now plummeted from a nice 14 in the city to about 10. Guess I'll have to string the service rep up by his armpit hairs until he tells me what else they did to my ride.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 Faults today - $54,000 + No loaners till Wednesday = I'm so ******* mad.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
12 Faults today - $54,000 + No loaners till Wednesday = I'm so ******* mad.

Haha, same here but not as bad, no loaders till monday. Man I love this, just imagine the ppl who own RR's and spent $80,000, I wonder if they have to wait?

I'm just happy our LR3 is still drivable.

F

Freeflytim

No loaner? BS. If you bought your truck at the same dealer it is getting worked on, raise hell. Tell them to give you a demo. Or rent you car.
Twice my dealer has provided me with a Enterprise rent a car.... Once for my air compressor replacement and the second.... just an oil change! Sounds like you need to put the screws somewhere. My dealer has paid for a total of 8 days in a rental. And they apologized that I was driving a Cherokee and not driving a Land Rover. When I had my winch installed they gave me for 2 days a demo SE5, not a loaner.. telling me to 'treat it nicely!'
Hell, my dealer's GM had them take the air compressor off his personal LR3 just because my service guy knew I had planned on going wheelin' that weekend.
Did you guys buy it at the dealer that's working on it?? If you did, raise hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have enterprise, and enterprise rents out LR's(mostly freelanders). Man, I guess i'm too nice. I might have to call my sales rep and talk to him.

F

Freeflytim

Im a nice guy also... Im just lucky to have a cool service department. I never had to raise hell to get anything.... they just took care of it. Im glad to give mad props to my small town dealer- Land Rover Chattanooga!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV