Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The faults have just stopped after I had about 30 of them. MPG went down during faults came back after.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment with a reginal tech on Monday!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to my service advisor today on what they did with my LR3 and he said they replaced the Ipac? for the audible tones that were gone, and something about software problems for the suspension fault. He also said I will have to bring the LR3 back another time when their body shop is not booked up, so they can take care of the paint bubble that is on my hood.(lovely, another rental car in the future) Please let this be the last time anything else acts up.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The faults I'm sure won't be a problem. For me the MPG is the main issue. Today I filled up again this time I got 11MPG (with a lot of highway). It's ALL over the place... 14, 11, 8, 15 ahhhhhhhh!

Come on Monday!

T

tommithy

I've noticed that when I was having suspension faults that my mileage went way down. After taking it in for diagnosis and the tech cleared the faults my mileage went back up to normal of 14/18. It goes back in Tuesday for a replacement compressor.

I'm thinking that when a fault is sensed the engine management computer goes into a "limp home" mode thus cutting mileage down. Kinda silly to go into this mode when it's a suspension fault though...

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mileage did go down a little around 14.1-14.5 for normal city and it went to 13.3-13.5 once suspension fault started happening.

Ok, just got a call, the LR3 is ready, but the suspension fault is not fixed, the LR3 is going to need a compressor, and here's the good part, they are on backorder, so, I will have to bring it back in another time for them to replace it, once the compressor comes in. This is just fantastic, like have nothing better to do then keep on taking the car back to them. It took them 3.5 days for them to find this out, what the hell. Do they only have like 2 ppl working in the garage? The guy said, the car is still driveable and i'll still get the faults here and there. I hope it can handle long trips b/c we have to drive to Dallas next weekend(275miles ea. way). Frrreeaakin CRAP!!!!!

Last edited:
T

tommithy

It sucks that your shop took so long to diagnose this problem. I'm really happy with Land Rover of Portland as the techs their diagnosed a compressor problem the same day I brought it in and ordered a new compressor that day.

Although they originally told me that the compressor was backordered and would be in in August, I got a call yesterday telling me that the compressor was in and to bring it in next Tuesday.

As for driving it, my techs did say it was perfectly ok to drive it even with the suspension fault error.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure that it's safe b/c we will be traveling with my 8 month old child and I don't want to put her at risk. Man, if they tell me it's going to be a month or 2 from now, I will probably tell them to freaking take the car back and give me my money back. I didn't pay $50,000+ for a faulty car, no matter if it's still ok to drive or not.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out, atleast a 2 week wait on the compressor, supposedly the US is getting 172 compressors and the first ones to get them will be the backorders for warranty work, which I fall into that category.

So if anyone one of you is in need of one, or may think you need one, you better get to your LR dealership and have them check your car out and place one on BO.

F

Freeflytim

I don't think asking for a new one because you 'think' you need a new one will get you anywhere. It either quits or it doesn't.

Land Rover changed the design and the supplier of the compressor when it saw a problem and it is just taking time to get the new pump into the system.

The General Manager of my dealer told me whether its 6 pumps or 600 on back order, they will all be delivered at the same time from the supplier.

172 on backorder sounds like world wide. Two weeks ago I was told 112 were on world wide back order... Not US. When mine crapped out I was #91 world wide.

Its not a big issue considering the 5000+ (guess) of these trucks sold.

This happened to me last month (see my earlier post)... the pump in my truck was actually removed from the GM's personal truck to get me back on the road.

If you MUST have it make them take one out of a truck on the lot and replace it later with a 'good' one. That's what my dealer did for me. I didn't even know what was going on... they just did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut