Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bsal

Suspension/Break/Transmission Faults

during the July 4th weekend i had my first suspension fault. Then it stopped until just a few days ago. Every other day now i get some kind of fault accompanied by every computer ran part in my car flicking on and off. I just woke up to hear my cars alarm going off as a result of all these unknown problems. Kind of weird having it happen tonight after seeing the service advisor today to solve these problems. I couldn't start my car in this morning and had to be jump started. at the dealership they said they would take a look at it, said it was the battery, and i was on my way. But agaiin i did wake up to that annoying alarm. im going to bring my lr3 back to the dealer tomorrow morning and raise hell because i dont want to be driving around a $55000 POS ride that doesnt run correctly.

What a wonderful car for the first 6 months, the 7th month is turning out to be a disaster. $55000 for **** on wheels - how convienient! ****

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 Today after 9 days in shop.

I got one out of another LR3... seems the new ones aren't available yet.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bsal: where are you located? I feel you man, mine was fine for months or so and now its suspension fault, still waiting on the new compressor. Should come in this week.

L

LR3_Magic

Called the dealer this afternoon about picking up my LR3 HSE7. It has been in the shop since tuesday of this week for suspension failure upon lowering. Today they replaced the front right suspension height sensor after it had been overnighted. Yesterday they replaced the rear right suspension height sensor after waiting a day for it to be overnighted.

When I called this afternoon, the service advisor stated that my vehicle was now giving a different failure message and that they would need more time to figure out what was going on. Stated they would probably have to contact Land Rover to get help with the problem. Failure message started aroung 100 miles and I have now had the vehicle only 5 days and by next Monday, the dealership will have had my LR3 for 6 days. Will wait to see what the dealership says on Monday before I start the process of contacting LRNA customer relations. Don't know if that will make any difference. I do have loaner so can get around, but not like having my own vehicle and it is not a HSE with Nav, towing and third row seating.

C

Colt45

LR3 Magic - - good luck with your LR3, - - hope it all works out for you. - - - I've been driving an '04 Discovery loaner for over 3 weeks now while they try to figure out what's wrong with the nav system. I just checked for phone messages from my service advisor and there are none so I'm thinking tech support didn't have any success figuring it out yet. Wish they'd contact the Japanese company that makes the nav set-up to see it they know what's going on. Sigh . . . maybe upcoming Week 4 will be the one.

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3_Magic, why did you post the exact same message in 3 threads on the same forum?! Too bad we're not moderated. :p

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be in a replacement truck (at no cost) by the EOW...

Yea!!!!

More later.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed: how long did your LR3 end up in the shop for? total?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until this is over I'm uncomfortable elaborating here (I know my dealer visits this site). I'll be documenting the entire experience next week...

So please give me a few more days and all will be explained... Soup to nuts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi