Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, didn't know owning a LR was this diffucult, have to hide things and keep stuff on the DL.

I've considered selling the LR3 once I get it back, don't want to deal with this type of BS, freaking service advisor never calls me back, i always have to call him, it's been 3 days now, and he hasn't called me on an update on when the car will be done, i'm just keeping quiet and seeing how long it takes for him to call me. Can't wait until the survey ppl call(which call at all sorts of times, day or night, weekday or weekends) IRRITATING.

Sorry for the rant, I just want my car back. I've always owned Toyota or Mercedes and I've never had this problem.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the LR3 back and so far it's driving good, no faults. Hopefully, smoothe sailing from now on.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
texas911: landrover houston near I10

Are you the one i always see around eldridge, briarforest area?

T

texas911

No, I'm in West U. There is another Silver LR3 down my street but he put some mongo 20" black wheels on his. Looks not that great to me. That's my dealer too. How do you like them?

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas911: the dealership is ok, my sales rep is Alan Lucks(real nice guy and to the point) Service, is kinda ok, it's always hard calling the service adviser and getting a hold of him(Ray), and most of the time, when I leave a message, it's hardly ever returned. They always tell, me that they will call me to let me know how long the service will take, but I always get a call a few days later tellling me the car is done, instead of giving me a time frame. What Kind of bugged me last time when i took the car in for the 7500 mi. service, it took them 2 days to do the service, and I took the car in at 8AM. They didn't do the oil change until the 2nd day(pretty much that's all they did was an oil change, nothing else). Why have me take the car in so early if they're not going to touch it until the next day.

Last thing, once everything is done, the survey people will start calling, and they won't stop until they get a hold of you, that means, calling your home, work, cell phone, etc.... They called my wife's cell phone the other day(during work),just b/c they couldn't get a hold of us at home. I'm planning on calling LR and complaining about that.

Sorry for the RANT, but that's my experience with LR ever since I've bought my LR3, i've had Mercedes, Toyota, etc... and never ever, had this type of service before. It's making me think twice about getting another LR(RR sport) in the future.

Tommy

T

texas911

I'm with you there. They are the only dealer in Houston proper so they do as they please. And they are kinda cocky about it. I wish, wish, wish, that another dealer would open up in Houston.

I always get the impression that I'm in an adversarial relation with my service rep. Takes a long time for me to get a call back and on the warranty complaints, he seems like he doesn't believe me on them. Oh well, what is there to do, I'm not driving to the Woodlands to buy a car!

My salesman is pretty nice. The finance guy, well, he's pretty ******.

I love my LR3 though and am glad I got it over the VW Touareg!

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were deciding between the Cayenne and Escalade, but LR3 was the only one that came with 3rd row seats that were comfortable.

Yes, it would be nice to have another LR dealership in town. I know that the Woodlands dealership is more friendly and has better prices on parts, etc....

I hope, nothing else goes wrong with the LR3, so I don't have to go back to the dealership.(crossing fingers).

F

Freeflytim

racingdc9 said:
Man, didn't know owning a LR was this diffucult, snip.

Obviously you don't know anything about Land Rovers!!! :hello:
"Land Rover" and "Quality" are words that have never been used side by side!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72