Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

Actually in the 3 and a half years I had my Disco II, I only went in once for quality work, and that was for what ended up being a recall. Other than oil changes, it was totally trouble free. I mean everyday, I waited for it to do something, but not a thing happened. No oil leaks, no broken anything!

Sometimes you can't believe what you read on the internet. I would have kept the Disco, but the LR3 was just way way too nice to pass up.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of knew there might be problems, but I jumped anyways, hehe and now i've hit the bottom.

R

roverdawg

Multiple, incessant suspension faults!

Well, here we go.

After marveling at my luck, I've now joined the ranks of those who have experienced the dreaded 'suspension fault'. Mine start up within a minute of turning on the engine, usually accompanied by a grinding noise from the compressor. Will not clear on re-boot. Goes into the shop (Land Rover-Bellevue, WA) on Tuesday. In the past 2 weeks, I've also experienced the rattling side speaker issue AND the no sound from stereo issue AND the frozen (on the LR logo) nav screen issue AND the hazing on the interior side panels. I'll update this with the dealer's response and keep y'all posted....

2005 LR3 HSE 12,900 miles

R

roverdawg

I get my LR3 back in the AM, they replaced the EAS compressor today and this should (hopefully) fix the 'suspension faults' that I'd been getting. Same day service and they gave me a Mercedes coupe loaner in the meantime, so all-in-all a painless experience....as long as the problem is solved that is. Now to deal with the fuel tank recall....

G

goofyMD

I'm in also. but luckly the dealer knew the problem, had the part and is beeing installed as we speak.

R

roverdawg

Had the new EAS compressor installed three days ago and so far, so good. Might be my imagination, but it seems the ride is even smoother than before. At any rate, the 'suspension fault' gremlins are gone....

T

TimLR3

I just had the compressor replaced in my LR3 also. Only 4k miles on a $54k vehicle and the compressor goes out. :( Had it in the shop for a week. They gave me a loaner but it was a freaking bare bones Camry. :( Man, that car sucked! I was definitely glad to get the LR3 back. I've also had the problem with the radio. They ordered a replacement for me and I'm waiting on it now. Got the problem with the interior panels hazing also. What's the fix, if any, for that? It looks terrible!

The worst problem with the LR3 is the gas mileage. It's terrible! I didn't expect it to be great but it's much worse than what it's supposed to be. After 4k miles, I'm averaging around 13.5 mpg and it's definitely gotten worse since I had the compressor replaced.

R

roverdawg

I've also noticed a slight drop in the mileage since having the compressor replaced but too short of a time frame to say for sure. btw I had the speaker rattle issue and they're going to replace the speaker. The interior panel hazing has returned and someone mentioned a leather cleaner so I may give that a go.

F

Freeflytim

TimLR3 said:
Only 4k miles on a $54k vehicle The worst problem with the LR3 is the gas mileage. It's terrible!

You just spent $54k on a Land Rover and you are complaining about filling it up?? Im not the sharpest tack in the box but I knew what I was buying.:biggrin: Im happy to get 14mpg! I never expected a 3 ton truck to get any better. It isn't a Honda CR-V.

Last edited by a moderator:

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freeflytim said:
Im happy to get 14mpg!

Well you shouldn't be happy at all. I've owned a lot of vehicles and they all had one thing in common. The sticker on the window gave a range that the MPG would fall into and it always did.

If the LR3 stickers said 11 - 14 MPG... There would be no complaining about 13.5 MPG but it says 14 - 18 MPG and that's a flat out lie.

I make it a practice to always be angry at someone that lies to me. So I don't think LR3 owners that complain about the MPG are expecting 22 city and 30 highway I think they'd just like to get 14 to 18 as stated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut